F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, nice to meet everyone! I guess I will share with you what we all come here to see....The Raptors!❤
I was finally able to purchase mine back in the later part of August. I have wanted a 2010 since 2010, but my wait was rewarded and it was well worth it.
I love all things Raptor, both Gen 1 and Gen 2, but my preference is always going to be the Gen 1, simply because it is beefy in the boop (the nose) reminds me of the upcoming photos of the dogs with the noses being the center of the screen.
Anyway, a Raptor, is a Raptor, is a Raptor❤
Automotive parking light Wheel Cloud Car Land vehicle

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello, nice to meet everyone! I guess I will share with you what we all come here to see....The Raptors!❤
I was finally able to purchase mine back in the later part of August. I have wanted a 2010 since 2010, but my wait was rewarded and it was well worth it.
I love all things Raptor, both Gen 1 and Gen 2, but my preference is always going to be the Gen 1, simply because it is beefy in the boop (the nose) reminds me of the upcoming photos of the dogs with the noses being the center of the screen.
Anyway, a Raptor, is a Raptor, is a Raptor❤ View attachment 29185
Welcome to the Forum. I too have a Gen 1 2010. Enjoy it! Bu

Attachments

·
2,668 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your Gen1 SVT have fun with it. What engine does it have 5.4 or 6.2 any mods you’re planning? I agree with you the Gen1 has the best sound. Looking forward to seeing more pictures of your Raptor.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your Gen1 SVT have fun with it. What engine does it have 5.4 or 6.2 any mods you’re planning? I agree with you the Gen1 has the best sound. Looking forward to seeing more pictures of your Raptor.
Thanks! I am still in shock that I found it, it is perfect in every way, I couldn't have done better with it if I had special ordered it from the factory. My Raptor had the 6.2 engine in it. The stock exhaust sounds amazing, and it has dreamy tires that are beefy but still asphalt capable.
I live in the country, so basically every day is "off road" for me, but I would like to take it for an actual off road adventure some day. It has 138,000 miles on it, I'm the 3rd owner. It is in pristine condition for it though.
I've not really given much thought as yet to mods, but I am open to suggestions. Here is a photo with one of two of my tents for the truck bed though....
Wheel Tire Cloud Sky Car

·
Registered
6 Posts
Anyway, a Raptor, is a Raptor, is a Raptor❤ View attachment 29185

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Awesome Gen 1 got my 2011 too she’s a beast! Enjoy it!
That's awesome! I love the models between 2010 to 2014 the best because of the wide body stance they have. Each new year brought with it new goodies, I would love to know about each exciting new thing with each and every single one. I may have a few additions along the way to add, as I discover what my needs for the applications go, but just as it sits I'm happy as can be with it. Your truck is awesome!
Does your Raptor include the bed extension gates? Mine came with those, sadly one of my hooks to keep it in place, broke on me a few weeks ago. Tried to JB Weld it but it doesn't seem to want to stay put long enough to set up. It's in a place that is hard to clamp as well.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tire Sky Wheel Plant Cloud

My second tent that fits the 5.5 to 6 ft. beds, the green one was for an 8 ft. bed apparently, they advertised it as a short bed tent but when I got it the specs were off, I made it work though. This new one has a porch too.😍
Tire Sky Wheel Plant Cloud

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Does anyone here happen to know about installing the puddle lights in the bottom of the rear view mirrors?
I have the lights, but I'm not sure about the wiring harness ( if there is one available) or if I have to wire the lights into the existing turn signals in the mirror housing. Any tips, or part suggestions?
I checked eBay and couldn't come up with anything definitive.
My first official Mod!, the second is a set of trailer hitch lights, the third will probably be the behind the grill bar lights, and of course fog lights.
Thanks in advance for any advice about the wiring situation.

·
2,668 Posts
Hey Gwen,
Check out the link I attached below. You can also check on our search for any questions you might have chances are somebody has done it.
good luck with your first mods I can tell you first hand it becomes addicting. LMAO

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey Gwen,
Check out the link I attached below. You can also check on our search for any questions you might have chances are somebody has done it.
good luck with your first mods I can tell you first hand it becomes addicting. LMAO
Thank you for the link Big Bill, I will check that out. 🙂

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Gwen, just one more thing to make you smile every time you look at your Gen1 SVT 6.2 Raptor.
I will not only smile when I look at my Raptor, but I will also give it a hood hug when I walk by it😁
Thanks for the video! These are a couple of guys that I also subscribe to their channel as well. Among many lol.
But yeah,, I am a smitten kitten. In fact prior to actually getting my real Raptor, I found various 1:25 scale and 1:64 scale models of both Gen 1 and Gen 2's of assorted colors. I have three RC Raptors and a picture with a Red Gen 1 that has headlights that light up when you press a button.
I am like a kid at Christmas with these guys😍💯
I introduced this sight to a guy on YouTube who does videos, I believe it is Motors & Mischief, the guys name is Jack. He has a Roush Raptor 2013 or 2014 in the Almond color. I told him that this was an awesome group and super nice people.
I'm going to be coming off the road for a few days soon, so I will get to see my Raptor again. It is scheduled for an oil change and my lights are in that I told you about earlier.
Also added some kick plate glow in the dark protective strips and interior lights in blue.
Car Purple Vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior

Automotive lighting Gadget Automotive design Font Vehicle door

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Lookin good!

#BlackRaptorsMatter
Thanks! It was my first choice. This beauty was exactly as I wanted it in every way. I could not have gotten a more perfect truck "as is" than if I had ordered it custom made. I am both shocked and amazed every time I see it in my driveway. This has been my goal since 2010. I had actually stopped at that dealership to let my Toyota Avalon cool down because I have a bad radiator in it apparently. I looked at the Raptor and just wanted to see it, but they asked if I wanted to check on getting it. I figured why not, if not now, when?
So after about 6 searches they asked me if I had someone who would be willing to help me privately because all the banks were refusing due to the age of the vehicle itself.
I explained that I would get it under my own merit if it was intended for me to have it. The very last bank agreed to give me the loan, and I ended up having my neighbor drive it home for me, I've got a new radiator for the Avalon as well so it was an all around happy ending. But it also needs a new alternator turns out. So the truck was a huge blessing.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts