F-150 Raptor Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Awesome. Go with OEM alternator. It's a bit more expensive but Raptors tend to spit out the parts store brand alternators
Yes I agree, OEM is always the better value for the money. The alternator though is actually for my 2002 Toyota Avalon. I have to get the new radiator installed at some point as well, so I will probably just get an alternator and have both done at the same time. It's a good car and was a Christmas gift from a dear friend.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Added a Tonneau cover to my Raptor today. It looks "finished" now, and hopefully it will cut down on the drag and I can reach that rumored 14 mpgs
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Automotive parking light
Tire Car Sky Wheel Plant
( I get 13.8 without anything on it currently) also added a battery maintainer.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Looks good! Heh, I could only wish for 13.8. 11 on a good day
I actually got a VERY pleasant surprise today when I checked my average mpg's the reading said 14.9..... I just about popped my eyes right out of my head with that double take!
That was BEFORE the Tonneau install.
I can't wait to see what happens now.
Sorry for your milage, but the 13.8 for me was prior to my last oil change, they changed the filters and rotated my tires as well. I'm running about 56 psi in each tire currently.
This new reading was after the oil change so I'm wondering if they may have done something special to it. That's a big jump from before, 13.8 to 14.9🙂
But always remember, we still get better fuel mileage than a H2 Hummer at right around 4 mpg's it's a wonder they don't have to stop at every gas station along the way.
My Frieghtliner gets between 9 and 10 mpg's on average.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Looks awesome!!
Thanks! I am glad this one fits, the first one I got was one that eBay assured me would fit. Unfortunately it did not, so I had to send it back and get this one instead. But it has extra goodies like rubber weather stripping, and even a tap light, that were included at no extra charge.
The first one only had some cheap foam stripping, and no light.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts