My First 20k With Mine..

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Reviews' started by Slinger1, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Slinger1

Slinger1 New Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    14 Raptor
    Color?:
    Tuxedo Black
    Engine:
    GEN1 6.2L
    Got my 2014 Raptor in June with 18k miles on it... One of the managers had been driving it..Since i have had it i have made trips to Co.,Mn.,and Tx...all 10 hours or more...Pulled my 21'' Triton to Mn. and back and got 12.6 mpg which i was happy with..I use mine for daily driving and work is 45 miles one way..Mostly highway going 65mph (most times) it gets 16.7 mpg.. My 09 Platinum with the 5.4 (that i traded) only got 16.9 so not bad there either...So far i have upgraded audio system with Focal speakers in doors, 2-10's under rear seat in a custom fox acoustics ported box..JBL MS8 processor and 3 amps..All factory functions still work and sound is amazing... I painted the SVT on the wheels and rear emblem blue and used blue tape for the L and svt on fender..I put blue leds behind the louvers on the fenders and behind license plate that light up at night tied to aux switch.. I did some black and blue Coverking CR grade neoprene seat covers for front and rear...Very nice fit and easy to install.. ..As for performance mods i have only done the 5star custom 91 perf tune and replaced the factory muffler with a 40 series Flowmaster...Sounds great (i did not remove resonator)..Truck runs strong and shifting is sweet with the 91 perf tune..I tryed the 89 daily driver tune and had to go back to the 91 tune after 3 days...Just didnt feel the same...I will be adding a CAI soon and will get a new tune from 5star and see if it makes a noticeable difference...

So far i have had no issues other than a plastic wrapper got in the ac fan somehow and sounded like a jet taking off when on high...Gas mileage is what i expected...The ride and handling in this truck is like none ive ever owned..Just the "feel" when driving it makes you want to go somewhere all the time...So was it the best financial decision i ever made (my 09 was paid off)..probably not....Do i regret getting it...Hell No....

Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
  2. Big Bill

Big Bill Active Member Moderator Site Supporter Level 5

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    2013 Whipple Raptor700+HP
    Color?:
    Red
    Engine:
    GEN1 6.2L
    Looking Awesome love the blue accents. How do you like your sound system setup? I hear you about the best investment thing but when is the last time you had a truck that made you smile every time you drive it ? Hell I smile every time I look at it. What's next on your list?Thanks for sharing and being part of this forum.

3. Slinger1

Slinger1 New Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    14 Raptor
    Color?:
    Tuxedo Black
    Engine:
    GEN1 6.2L
    Thanks Bill...I do enjoy driving it...miles are adding up fast....The system sounds great...1000 times better than stock....Cant believe how bad the 700watt sony system was...Next im doing the CAI and a retune....then start saving for tires next year...lmao..Maybe someday after warranty is gone do some headers and better exhaust....

Big Bill likes this.
  4. Slinger1

Slinger1 New Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    14 Raptor
    Color?:
    Tuxedo Black
    Engine:
    GEN1 6.2L
    Well...She has about 46k now and still love to drive it....No issues at all ....Factory tires about gone ..looking at some nitto g2s next time...

Big Bill likes this.
  5. Big Bill

Big Bill Active Member Moderator Site Supporter Level 5

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    2013 Whipple Raptor700+HP
    Color?:
    Red
    Engine:
    GEN1 6.2L
    I hear you these things are just a blast to drive. You did pretty good with the factory tires. When you deside on what tires you go with let us know. I kinda like the KO2's Metronyc just put a set on and loves the way they drive. Just think! you could probably get what you paid for your truck or drive it for at least another 100 K that's a win win in my book.

6. Slinger1

Slinger1 New Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    14 Raptor
    Color?:
    Tuxedo Black
    Engine:
    GEN1 6.2L
    80k now......still would not trade for the gen2.....

Big Bill likes this.