F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i keep seeing a lot of people asking some pretty bad questions, if you do just add them in, Im trying to have some FUN and be informative to a point. Not trying to be an ass if these questions offend you just close this thread and move on.

"ford does not offer incentives for svt vehicles"

the price probably will not drop for a 5.4 below invoice unless you work for ford or know someone maybe just maybe you will get it cheaper

the 6.2 motor is an upgrade and will allways cost more that is why it is an option.

if you want a discount on your truck you probably wont get a svt vehicle.
once again no incentives and the dealer is not going to take a loss.

dealers have to run a buisness and pay people so they can feed their familys...do you work for free or a loss cause i have a job for you then. pm me if so

its not an awesome towing rig, its an street truck capable of offroading at high speeds that just happens to tow. NOT a dually diesel with 488 gears designed to tow a house through a mountain

if you want better milage you should probably get a prius

if you want more power than the 5.4 dont buy the 5.4

oh and about incentives seeing as no one is understanding here is my version of why there are no incentives, if you were building a car and making it super cool and you had many less cool models for sale, which ones would you put on sale? would you make the brand new one that people are special ordering cheaper? or would you discount the one sitting at the dealer in the lot that you have a a bunch of?

oh and ford is not offering incentives on svt vehicles i dont think they ever have.

(notice i mentioned that i dont think they ever have, because it is my thought and could be possible that i am wrong)

its not a trophy truck if you want one they are 500,000 dollars and up and tend to cost a 50-100,000 to rebuild every time you run a race (motor,trans, diff, nuts bolts, rebuild shocks, new springs ect time and labor)

and i think there are no incentives for those either

there is only an early buyer appreciation for the 750 so enjoy and order soon you wont be sorry

any others out there add them in

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Just because it says SVT doesn't mean it's forced induction.
No, it's not going take a Lightning......ask the Lightning owner to off-road with you.........see?

·
Banned
47 Posts
i keep seeing a lot of people asking some pretty bad questions, if you do just add them in, Im trying to have some FUN and be informative to a point. Not trying to be an ass if these questions offend you just close this thread and move on.
Excellent post!! :smileup: Unfortunately, asking redundant questions is a regular forum disease as is avoiding the use of the "search" function. Very few take the time to see if the questions they have are already answered. :smiledown:

·
Registered
533 Posts
A lot of people need to realize that it's an offroad designed, suspension orientated truck that can to quite a bit more than any other company's full sized truck equipped with their various offroad packages. Too many people are expecting this to be some sort of drag truck it seems...

·
Registered
92 Posts
The raptor looks great and all, but the fact that it cannot transform into a giant machine and kick ass in combat (transformers), or the fact that it cannot transform into a space ship and travel to different galaxies at lightspeed, or be like the car in "Back to the Future" and do time travel really makes me second guess buying it.

Back to reality, I am really going to enjoy experiencing first hand what it was really built for, high speed offroading.

P.S. High speed offroading just reminded me of something. Alot of people like to compare differences between the Ford SVT Raptor :smileup: and the Dodge Power Wagon. :smiledown: These two can't quite compare because they excel at different areas of offroading. The one thing I have noticed however is that every youtube video I have seen of both trucks shows the Raptor going fast (except when using hill descent mode) while on the other side the Dodge Power Wagon is shown usually going pretty slow. So to me it seems you can take your pick between slow rock climbing and mudding (pretty boring to me) and fast offroad racing and good jumps (pretty exciting to me). Perhaps the Power Wagon has a slight edge over the Raptor in mudding or Rock climbing, but the raptor can still do that too. What would you chose? :4-dontknow:
I will take the exciting, sexy looking Raptor.

What do you think?

·
Registered
16 Posts
While your post does address specifics, some parts are just as dumb as the questions. Like the part about, if you are looking for discounts on your truck, you probably wont own an svt vehicle; Actually, I have probably owned more svt vehicles than you have, and I am looking for a discount. I have actually probably bought and sold more cars than you have in your lifetime and I have only had my license 10 years.

The incentive part, yes, yes they have offered it on svt vehicles. The part about dealers having to run a business and feed their families. Boo ****ing hoo, I want to go pay them sticker now, just because they have mouths to feed. Dealerships and car companies have been ripping the consumer off for years. Its our fault as the consumers that the prices of automobiles has gotten so high. Or, I should say morons like yourself that feel they should pay whatever the dealer wants for a car. Trophy trucks, yes they have incentives, its called sponsors.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Why is it every time you post something you sound like a dipsh!t?

"Yes, it's everyones falut except mine that car prices are so high...because if everyone haggled as much as they possibly could from a dealer, all car prices would be under $15,000! no matter what!!!" I wish I could be like you man...I wish that I could make myself cool by buying and selling 10 cars in 10 years...because everyone knows that makes you an intelligent car buyer.

Seriously, if you're so intelligent and have SOOOOO MUCH car buying experience...why is it that you're asking people if 39K for a Raptor is a good deal? How about you just be quiet and stop dogging people out for awhile....ok?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have actually probably bought and sold more cars than you have in your lifetime and I have only had my license 10 years.

That's probably more of a bad thing than a good thing. It shows you are indecisive or never satisfied and it is more impressive to own something long term without any problems. Unless you have the money to be paying off all of those vehicles when you get them, I don't think that would be a good idea.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Why is it every time you post something you sound like a dipsh!t?

"Yes, it's everyones falut except mine that car prices are so high...because if everyone haggled as much as they possibly could from a dealer, all car prices would be under $15,000! no matter what!!!" I wish I could be like you man...I wish that I could make myself cool by buying and selling 10 cars in 10 years...because everyone knows that makes you an intelligent car buyer.

Seriously, if you're so intelligent and have SOOOOO MUCH car buying experience...why is it that you're asking people if 39K for a Raptor is a good deal? How about you just be quiet and stop dogging people out for awhile....ok?
Ahhhaha. Don't be upset because I called you and your little buddy out on your lies. You are referring to a post earlier about me calling someone a moron for paying $88k usd for a raptor and when you stated your buddy sells salvaged gt's for $45k usd. If that market was as lucrative as you try to say more people would be in it.Haggling isn't
what would of kept the prices lower the price of cars, consumers not letting it get so far out of hand in the first place is what would of helped. It is too late now though if we refused the economy would become more f'd.

·
Registered
533 Posts
You didn't call me out on anything. Like I said, if you want you mustang sold...i'll be happy to give you his number. He's a German citizen that I met because he was an exchange student when I was in high school...and he makes a living finding loopholes on how to get cars to europe with as little cost to himself or the customer as possible. The man makes a decent living...believe me.

But, it's pretty easy to sit behind your computer and just call someone a liar when you have absolutely no factual evidence. I'm sure you have a much better idea on how much it costs to buy Mustangs, or any other American made car for that matter, in Europe. I mean, it doesn't work both ways does it? Back when they were popular...i'm sure someone with your intelligence/talent could have got a Skyline to the states pretty cheap right??? I'm sure you would have had it delivered to your front door for hardly a penny over invoice...

Anyhow...this thread has gotten way off topic...

·
Registered
242 Posts
you forgot: NO INCENTIVES LOL!!! I just reply'd to 2 posts from somebody saying stupidly rediculous things

One more thing, if you're not a raptor owner (or at least have or are seriously thinking about ordering one) dont criticize the raptor! I mean really, you're just jealous that you cant have one LOL. And by the way, I have one, and if you dont like my posts, so what!

·
Registered
533 Posts
You're mistaken my friend. I didn't call him any names...I just said he sounded like an idiot...i didn't actually call him one. There's a distinct difference.

Regardless, I don't know about you...but when someone calls me a liar, I tend to get a little riled up...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
haha its been two and a half years and i just read this and your an idiot

While your post does address specifics, some parts are just as dumb as the questions. Like the part about, if you are looking for discounts on your truck, you probably wont own an svt vehicle; Actually, I have probably owned more svt vehicles than you have, and I am looking for a discount. I have actually probably bought and sold more cars than you have in your lifetime and I have only had my license 10 years.

The incentive part, yes, yes they have offered it on svt vehicles. The part about dealers having to run a business and feed their families. Boo ****ing hoo, I want to go pay them sticker now, just because they have mouths to feed. Dealerships and car companies have been ripping the consumer off for years. Its our fault as the consumers that the prices of automobiles has gotten so high. Or, I should say morons like yourself that feel they should pay whatever the dealer wants for a car. Trophy trucks, yes they have incentives, its called sponsors.

seriously you don't even know me, or the fact of how much money i have and you have no clue on how the world works and you brag about how many cars you have had in ten years dude, well now its 12 years you been buying cars. all i know and still know is there are still no incentives on Raptors, you don't get sponsors unless you earn them so, there are no incentives on trophy trucks either. just cause you get a trophy truck doesn't get you sponsors either. And pretty much all racing company's across the board have had some sort of investor involved not sponsor. it costs tons of money to go racing and eventually if your good you get sponsors.

other things i know is that its very hard not to drop f bombs on these lovely rants.

pay what ever you want for your vehicles as long as you are satisfied with the deal, i can tell you i paid 38 large for the first raptor in illinois, and i sold it 2 years 5 months later for 38,500.

and as far as the boo hooing for employees working to feed their family's your a fool cause that's how the world works, you spend money, people earn money, then they spend their money, and eventually it comes back.

and who said sticker anything, if you pay sticker your an idiot. you don't ever bring up sticker in negotiating. always go into a car deal knowing invoice, just by the way you wrote the reply makes you sound like a 16 year old dreaming about a car he can never afford. (not saying you are one, but you act like one)

last thing im going to share is there are no incentives and your a complete waste of space

1 - 20 of 22 Posts