F-150 Raptor Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Owner of a new raptor, and very happy with MOST of the truck so far. I've setup a 'MyKey' ID to remove the speed governor, and other annoying things. However, even though I ADDED no restrictions, and my MyKey is an Admin one, Sirius XM radio stations are now blocked out with the phrase 'MyKey Restricted' across the screen because they are deemed explicit.

The only option I have found that's in any ways related is a reset of the Parental PIN/Code in Sirius. I have yet to seen any area where this is actually used, though.

Does anyone know how to get around this and remove it? It's an absolutely ****ing hairbrained thing Ford put in their new ones.

·
Registered
76 Posts
My owners manual said that you needed to set up Mykey to turn on restrictions not turn them off. Use the manual to walk you through the process. It is clearly outlined there.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I would turn the mykey off. I turned mine on and it was a mess of restrictions. I turned it off and it was awesome. You have to use the other key though to turn it off.

·
Registered
11 Posts
MyKey is set up for parents to hand out to kids or valets. Restricts speeds, radio volumes and stations, and the like. Not intended as a TrackKey like on the Boss Mustangs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My owners manual said that you needed to set up Mykey to turn on restrictions not turn them off. Use the manual to walk you through the process. It is clearly outlined there.
It's not clearly outlined, at all. What page does it detail Sirius restrictions?

I would turn the mykey off. I turned mine on and it was a mess of restrictions. I turned it off and it was awesome. You have to use the other key though to turn it off.
It's funny you say that, as driving off the dealer lot the speed restrictions and volume restrictions were one, but I had to create the MyKey to lift them (but the Sirius got added). I'll play with the other key I have and see if that helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all, I am a first time Raptor owner. Have owned trucks all my life, however this is the first Raptor. I have a 17 year old son that will be driving the Raptor from time to time. Does the 2012 Raptor have the mykey option. Because from what I understand I can restrict the trucks ability to go over certain speeds with this, and therefore keep him from at least trying to max out dads truck and get himself or someone else hurt. Any advice or input would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts