F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Roush
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
P.O. of my truck ran an unfused wire from the fuse box to a "temporary on" toggle switch mounted low on the dash by the parking brake. It looks to me like the other poll on the switch is connected to a mounting bolt for the parking brake pedal assembly. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
I seem to have something very similar below my dash. Didn't know if it was a factory switch or if P.O. installed. Leaning towards the latter. You ever find out what it is/does?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I seem to have something very similar below my dash. Didn't know if it was a factory switch or if P.O. installed. Leaning towards the latter. You ever find out what it is/does?
Any chance it was someone's idea of an anti-theft device? If the switch is used to temporarily remove a "ground" necessary for say engine ignition or its run circuits - that could possibly kill the motor whenever the occupant bailed out of the vehicle, say perhaps during a hijacking event?

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Any chance it was someone's idea of an anti-theft device? If the switch is used to temporarily remove a "ground" necessary for say engine ignition or its run circuits - that could possibly kill the motor whenever the occupant bailed out of the vehicle, say perhaps during a hijacking event?
That's what I was originally thinking, but everything keeps running no matter which way the switch is flipped. I haven't done a whole lot of investigating on it, tracing wires and such. Purchased used from a dealer, no way of getting in contact with previous owner.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts