F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, if you live in Europe like me, we have no choice. The navigation in dash option from Ford manufactory looks cool, but will never work overhere.

So, to safe money (and a special montly tax if you drive the car for company use like me) i've ordered without this expensive option. (only Luxury Pack for me) But is seems like more people have the same issue,also in USA. And i my opinion, a TomTom is a car like this is unacceptable...:smiledown:

So, my solution for enjoy navigation and entertainment, in dash, working well in Europe and safe money, and still got the looks:

- you buy this (check below) dash panel, is available in every color you like. (i've ordered it in glossy Tuxerdo black, so it will match with shinny exterior en looks like factory build.
- you choice a radio from any brand you like, Sony / Pioneer of Kenwood.
- installation is very simple. (with a special fit-kit)
- all the other buttons en fucntions for airco etc still fit in.
- steering wheel controllers will work, Ipod will work. 5.1 surround + subwoofer + harddisk + nice Raptor start up screen.
- 1/3 of the factory navigation money..

need to explain more...??

Attachments

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I would think that something is wrong with the entire unit if the radio doesn't even work. Might want to contact someone about that.

·
Ford Raptor Forum!
1,565 Posts
Has to do with the Sirrius Satellite, and the GPS has to do with the satellite it is working off of. On most window mounted GPS I used in Europe I had a seperate SD card with European maps or downloaded the software for the Navigon. The standard radio (non sirrius) will work either on FM1 or FM2 I know for AFN I used FM2 due to signal frequency.

·
Banned
414 Posts
Actually Sirius XM wont work in europe due to the satellites are pointed at the west and east coast of the US. GPS probably doesn't work due to the factory nav having only USA/Canada maps preloaded. I am actually looking at aftermarket units and I believe pioneer is the way to go. Due to their maps are easily upgraded, only thing is that i'm looking for the europe maps and cant seem to find them. Alpine units (other than the W900) dont have built in nav/bluetooth, you have to buy the nav module which will cost you an extra 350 or so. Also no map upgrades planned from NAVTEQ. Kenwood is nice, but i just dont like the user interface, i think it looks dated. I like big album art and more ipod orientated stuff. The NAV in kenwood is superior due to it being Garmin. Problem with all them is finding europe maps without having to buy the european model and then moving to the states and buying the US maps for it.

·
Ford Raptor Forum!
1,565 Posts
Nacho, do you think a local German Ford dealer would be able to provide a software update seems they are selling them in Germany just a thought seems like there would be something that they could do. But maybe not.

·
Banned
414 Posts
Nacho, do you think a local German Ford dealer would be able to provide a software update seems they are selling them in Germany just a thought seems like there would be something that they could do. But maybe not.
More than likely. If a German Ford Dealership places the order, the truck will be made into EURO spec (lights, glass, and what not) No reason why they wouldn't ship with a Nav that is preloaded with europe maps (or they are capable in upgrading at the dealership when its delivered) There has to be a way to update the maps and also swap maps. I might just stop by the ford near my house when i return to germany and i'll ask them. CURIOUS now.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Has anyone used the factory NAV in Mexico - specifically BCS?

·
Registered
797 Posts
Is that a factory part or aftermarket? If its a factory part whats the part number?

First of all, if you live in Europe like me, we have no choice. The navigation in dash option from Ford manufactory looks cool, but will never work overhere.

So, to safe money (and a special montly tax if you drive the car for company use like me) i've ordered without this expensive option. (only Luxury Pack for me) But is seems like more people have the same issue,also in USA. And i my opinion, a TomTom is a car like this is unacceptable...:smiledown:

So, my solution for enjoy navigation and entertainment, in dash, working well in Europe and safe money, and still got the looks:

- you buy this (check below) dash panel, is available in every color you like. (i've ordered it in glossy Tuxerdo black, so it will match with shinny exterior en looks like factory build.
- you choice a radio from any brand you like, Sony / Pioneer of Kenwood.
- installation is very simple. (with a special fit-kit)
- all the other buttons en fucntions for airco etc still fit in.
- steering wheel controllers will work, Ipod will work. 5.1 surround + subwoofer + harddisk + nice Raptor start up screen.
- 1/3 of the factory navigation money..

need to explain more...??

1 - 14 of 14 Posts