F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I do not know if this is vehicle specific (it may just be for Nav equipped vehicles) but there is a Navigation/SYNC update for the 911 and other features associated with aforementioned system. My vehicle was built in July so I do not know if current Raptors require this update or not. My dealer has advised me of this. Just FYI for everyone owning or about to take delivery of a Raptor.

·
Registered
10 Posts
you can go to syncmyride.com and enter your credentials to get access to the members area.

No updates were available for my truck.

·
Registered
126 Posts
There was no update for mine as of Sep2009.

I did need to reinstall the latest update because the USB locked up after using my flash drive.
I haven't had any other issues since I reinstalled the Aug09 software.
It's called "resetting the APIM module"

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just figured I would be a kind soul and pass on the info I received as of ~ Oct 05.

Thanks for the info about syncmyride.com. I haven't been there but will check it out.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Slight update for the update.

It appears to be for the non-Nav, SYNC only, vehicles.

I will keep you all posted if interested.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I just had the USB Port blank out... the display claims the USB is empty even with the iphone & cord plugged in. dealerships checkin it out in a few days

·
Registered
17 Posts
I do not have the navigation option however I received the update + syncmyride.com info in the mail informing me that directions, traffic, weather and diagnostic reports were available free three years. Upon logging in with my VIN, I down loaded the update, had to give the Raptor a name hence "Osprey" (cause they are great fishing birds of prey; not to mention I drive an Oxford white with black graphics). The instructions were simple and easy to follow. I also put a few destination points in like home, work, and a city I travel to frequently. I then tested all the features and found them to work perfectly using voice commands...the hardest thing for me to remember to say is "services" before voicing the command I desire...but trust me it won't give you traffic or weather etc. without the "services" first. Took me from home to work...actually right to the front door of my shop with turn by turn directions. If you go off the course it has selected it will reset and let you proceed however it does take a little time for the satellite tracking to catch up with your location. I have found that if you are able to stop just briefly the new route directions arrive much faster. I also received the diagnostic report which covered the basics. Best part for me is traffic and weather so I can plan my trip accordingly. Haven't had time to play with the on line side of it but there's more available.

·
Registered
550 Posts
My dealer notified me my Raptor was built yesterday and is in Dearborn awaiting transport. I logged on to syncmyride and established an account and was able to enter a few addresses into the memory area. I did order the Nav option so I will see how all this plays out when the truck arrives at the dealership and is delivered to me in the next couple of weeks. Good info, guys, thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts