F-150 Raptor Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope this is the right place to post this question. So I just picked up my new to me 2011 Raptor. The truck has 27k miles on the ticker. So here is my dilemma. I have been hear what sounds to be like a rattling noise coming from the front left wheel area of the truck. It kind of sounds like heat shield rattle mixed grinding noise. It is pretty loud when it happens. It only makes the noise when performing light to moderate acceleration. It does not do it a parking lot speeds, only when driving around town. It will stop if I lift on the accelerator pedal or when I get to higher RPM (above 3500 RPM) under heavy acceleration. Once I am at highway speeds and lightly using throttle to maintain speeds, it goes away. Now here's the kicker. When I place the truck in 4wd, the noise is not there. I don't feel anything in the steering, gas pedal, transmission, or floor board. It is just a sound that is heard. I would appreciate any help that can be provided as to what this noise is. Thank you

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This morning I noticed it only makes the noise after I have been driving for a few miles. I plan to do the IWE checkout today when I get off work and will report back.

·
Registered
7,775 Posts
Make sure to also check that the plastic wheel well liner is in place properly, there's little black tabs that hold it in place, they just push in with your finger, have heard of those coming loose and making noise on the wheel

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I want to thank you all for the help. I went and bought a vacuum gauge/pump today. After reading the pressures at the pump and then comparing it to the vacuum at the actuator I found out that it was a vacuum leak. I rednecked it until I get all the new hoses from the dealership on Tuesday.

P.S. The dealership offered me a job after seeing my engineering job I did. Lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts