F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to say hello.
I`m 56 and have been retired for four years now. I drive an 08 F-450, in my spare time i restore vintage MX motorcycles and i like to trout fish, the season has just started here this weekend.

I plan on buying a Raptor but cannot decide on what engine (thinking about mpg) after going thru the high price period a few months back, my 450 only gets 8-10 mpg and at one period was costing me $200 to fill the tank. I need to down size in a big way and the Raptor seems HD enough to handle my trips to the desert and mountains.

I`m happy to have found this forum.
RH67

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
On the Suzuki parts are almost impossible to find, only 200 were made worldwide and how many were brought in to the US is unknown and yes i rebuild everything including the motors, so when i`m done the bikes are as new, no hot rod restorations some people over due them.

·
Registered
37 Posts
On the Suzuki parts are almost impossible to find, only 200 were made worldwide and how many were brought in to the US is unknown and yes i rebuild everything including the motors, so when i`m done the bikes are as new, no hot rod restorations some people over due them.
That's awesome. I too dislike doing performance parts on the thumpers. There is just too much that can go wrong plus the 4 strokes don't last long enough anyhow.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts