F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alrighty,

After posting a few times, I guess I should introduce myself.

My name is Mitch and I work for the United States Special Operations Command in Washington, DC.

I grew up in South-East Michigan in a farm-town and graduated High School in 2001. I enlisted in the US Navy immediately afterward and went to Washington, DC, Japan, Florida twice, Iraq, the Gulf, Korea and a few other places.

My Dad retired from Ford Motor Company and we are automotive NUT'S! I know alot about alot, but not everything about one thing, ya know? I have pretty good rapport with local area dealers at home and in this area thus far.

I currently daily-drive a 2008 Ford Sport Trac Adrenalin, V8, 6-speed automatic, fully loaded with the exception of AWD. My Dad has a twin to my truck, only in AWD.

My weekend car is a 2004 Mustang Mach1, which I have modified perfectly to my liking, besides being too slow. I have a list of midifications a quarter-mile long, yet she has never seen a trip to the track. With the 32v Dual-Camm'ed V8 under the hood, she put down 288rwhp and 309tq down in Florida on a 95+ degree day. She seems to run a little better in the cooler temp's in Michigan. I don't have the Mach with me, since Washington, DC is NOT the most friendly of places for a nice car with a lowered suspension and nice wheels/tires.

My interest in the Raptor...well, I don't know when it started but I know it has taken off into wild-fire since. I may not eb able to swing the upside-down payment that I would lose my ass on trading in my truck -- so it might be until next year and I can get it paid off some more. I tried selling it outright, but nobody was buying...

Well, that's me in a nutshell.

Happy Raptor-ing.

Here are some pictures of my Mustang and Adrenalin. Apologies for the small pictures of the truck.

·
Ford Raptor Forum!
1,565 Posts
Welcome and thank you for introducing yourself.. a great intro at that! Glad you joined us here! Nice rides you got there man! Enjoy the site!

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
Hey man! Welcome to the "Z"!! Nice pictures there!!!!
Thank you for your service as well!!!

·
Banned
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Bringing this back from the dead, as I now own a Raptor.

I've followed this truck since it was a concept... It's everything I could have hoped it was.

Aside from a small air leak someplace inside the cabin and a little rattle in the rear of the truck, this thing has been flawless.

·
Registered
957 Posts
A belated welcome, a rep pt. and thank you for your service! Nice rides! I would've bet you had ordered the orange..
Reddog...

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Ditto on the service and the rides...I see a Molten Orange Raptor in your future. I wouldn't sell either one of those rides you have, just save up and add that Raptor!

·
Registered
627 Posts
Alrighty,

After posting a few times, I guess I should introduce myself.

My name is Mitch and I work for the United States Special Operations Command in Washington, DC.

I grew up in South-East Michigan in a farm-town and graduated High School in 2001. I enlisted in the US Navy immediately afterward and went to Washington, DC, Japan, Florida twice, Iraq, the Gulf, Korea and a few other places.

My Dad retired from Ford Motor Company and we are automotive NUT'S! I know alot about alot, but not everything about one thing, ya know? I have pretty good rapport with local area dealers at home and in this area thus far.

I currently daily-drive a 2008 Ford Sport Trac Adrenalin, V8, 6-speed automatic, fully loaded with the exception of AWD. My Dad has a twin to my truck, only in AWD.

My weekend car is a 2004 Mustang Mach1, which I have modified perfectly to my liking, besides being too slow. I have a list of midifications a quarter-mile long, yet she has never seen a trip to the track. With the 32v Dual-Camm'ed V8 under the hood, she put down 288rwhp and 309tq down in Florida on a 95+ degree day. She seems to run a little better in the cooler temp's in Michigan. I don't have the Mach with me, since Washington, DC is NOT the most friendly of places for a nice car with a lowered suspension and nice wheels/tires.

My interest in the Raptor...well, I don't know when it started but I know it has taken off into wild-fire since. I may not eb able to swing the upside-down payment that I would lose my ass on trading in my truck -- so it might be until next year and I can get it paid off some more. I tried selling it outright, but nobody was buying...

Well, that's me in a nutshell.

Happy Raptor-ing.

Here are some pictures of my Mustang and Adrenalin. Apologies for the small pictures of the truck.
Tell me about it. Tough time to sell anything. I traded to get my Raptor, got the price I expected from retail. Three months later, the dealer still has the truck. Amazed that I got what they gave me for the trade. Enjoy the forum.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts