F-150 Raptor Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put on a new muffler (V Force which is comparable to Flowmaster). Ever since, it seems to mess around with the transmission a bit. Every now and then, when barely giving it gas at lower RPMs, the RPMs will now go up and down by about 100RPM rapidly. I've also noticed two hard shifts, sort of where the truck couldn't make up it's mind whether to up shift or down shift, so it did both in about a second, and felt violent. It's got something to do with sensors not sensing the appropriate backpressure I'm betting. Someone with experience/knowledge chime in please. What do I do? For now, I'm driving in Tow Haul mode and it seems to help the truck figure out what it's supposed to do, rather than the sensor kicking in and acting a fool....

·
Registered
452 Posts
To be honest, a simple muffler change shouldn't affect much at all. Considering how quiet the stock exhaust is, it doesn't flow too badly.

We install our dual 3" catbacks with straight through mufflers on trucks without headers all the time. No problems with transmission shifting and that will outflow the single 3" with an aftermarket muffler.

-Jason

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wonder if its because you are supposed to use an offset inlet and they used a centered inlet and installed an S pipe on the head pipe....

·
Registered
56 Posts
I don't see how it would change anything. But maybe try disconnecting the battery? Let it relearn?

sent from one of those damn cellularized telephones

·
Registered
452 Posts
I don't see how it would change anything. But maybe try disconnecting the battery? Let it relearn?

I like the battery idea. Very very slim chance this has anything to do with the exhaust.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yeah I wouldn't have high hopes but its worth a shot

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have the VForce on my 11 screw. It has no affect on your transmission at all. There's something else wrong with your truck. You could cut off your exhaust after the cats and it would run just fine. :)

·
Registered
433 Posts
I didnt want to start a new thread for this question. Is the rev- limiter the reason why when I floor it I hear a winding out sound and the transmission seems to be looking for the right gear instead of responding to the pedal? I have never punched it and had this responce on any vehicle I have ever owned. 2011 scab and the dealer cant even answer this question. This doesnt always happen, but when it does it sucks!Thanx for any answers.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I didnt want to start a new thread for this question. Is the rev- limiter the reason why when I floor it I hear a winding out sound and the transmission seems to be looking for the right gear instead of responding to the pedal? I have never punched it and had this responce on any vehicle I have ever owned. 2011 scab and the dealer cant even answer this question. This doesnt always happen, but when it does it sucks!Thanx for any answers.
it's a six speed transmission. if you mash it it has to go from 6 to 3 or similar. mine used to have lag. with a supercharger and a badass tune from JDM it's amazing. :smileup: if i want to pass, theres no delay.

·
Registered
433 Posts
it's a six speed transmission. if you mash it it has to go from 6 to 3 or similar. mine used to have lag. with a supercharger and a badass tune from JDM it's amazing. :smileup: if i want to pass, theres no delay.
Thanx for the reply, I think I'm going to talk to my dealer about geting a tune and see if they will alow it with the warranty.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts