F-150 Raptor Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. So yesterday I installed my 5 star tune and started with the 93 daily driver. The only 4 I have downloaded is 87 DD/ performance and 93 DD/performance. Immediately was satisfied driving around town last night with shift points and what felt like much needed power. Very happy so far. So about to go on a trip from here in the toilet bowl of the south, tallahassee, to the Asheville, NC area. Question, is there anything I should expect on my trip as far as gas mileage, highway performance or any pertinent info that any of you guys might be able to add with 5 star experience? Thanks for any reply

·
2,624 Posts
Just give the truck time to learn the tune which will take a couple hundred miles take note of your shift points which can be adjusted very easily if needed . What else have you done?Enjoy your Raptor

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only mods I’ve placed have been a Roush CAI and Roush exhaust. I’m happy with the tune so far. We went Blue Ridge pkwy to NC mountains around Asheville and had an 1100 mile round trip for the week. Averaged 15.6 on the 93 DD tune.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I actually got my tuner this week. Loaded up the 91 performance tune first and went on a long drive. It was really strong but I’m going to request the shifts be adjusted. Loaded up the 91 daily and went about my day yesterday and noticed a smoother idle and take off speed. Also noticed that the truck seems to work less on the freeway. I run my Raptor as a work truck, full ladder rack I custom cut and welded. “A” frame wooden rack in the back. Around half a ton of tools in the rear cab. Stick with the daily street tune for your trip. Only run the performance tune if you really like tailgating on the road trip, that’s where you will find yourself. The truck really wants to run lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys. So yesterday I installed my 5 star tune and started with the 93 daily driver. The only 4 I have downloaded is 87 DD/ performance and 93 DD/performance. Immediately was satisfied driving around town last night with shift points and what felt like much needed power. Very happy so far. So about to go on a trip from here in the toilet bowl of the south, tallahassee, to the Asheville, NC area. Question, is there anything I should expect on my trip as far as gas mileage, highway performance or any pertinent info that any of you guys might be able to add with 5 star experience? Thanks for any reply
I can say you don’t buy a raptor for good gas milage. Ive got a cold air intake and SVT tuner. The good milage/economy tune got me 15.7mpg at best on a gen 1.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts