New trailer

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Towing Discussion' started by brokenj3, Jul 17, 2015.

1. brokenj3

brokenj3 New Member

Vehicle?:
    2010 Ford Raptor
    Color?:
    Tuxedo Black
    Engine:
    GEN1 5.4L
    Towed from colorado to bay area in california, loaded up household stuff for my niece to bring back. Brought back more than planned and had to load just right, no wd hitch. trailer empty weighs 2500 lbs. Loaded about 4000 lbs. in trailer. Trailer was level but truck did squat about 3 inches though. I had a 7.3 diesel for 13 years and wondered about towing anything with this truck after all I heard, about it. I did use tow haul mode the whole way and never did I ever want for more power. The truck pulled beautiful at any speed up hill or down. Gas mileage dropped 3 miles per gallon but no big deal. Not saying I would load my dump trailer like I did with my f250 but gladly haul half load (ha ha) to enjoy this Raptor

Attached Files:

2. Raptor Frank

Raptor Frank New Member

Vehicle?:
    2014 Ford Raptor
    Color?:
    Ingot Silver
    Engine:
    GEN1 6.2L
    I'm actually buying a travel trailer. I am concerned with towing based on a few forums I read. I am staying below 7300. has anyone towed a 26' travel trailer around the 7300lb range?

3. Big Bill

Big Bill Active Member Moderator Site Supporter Level 5

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    2013 Whipple Raptor700+HP
    Color?:
    Red
    Engine:
    GEN1 6.2L
    Nice looking setup. Are you running the stock springs and did you add sway bars or did you run it completely stock ? On your trip did you in counter any crosswinds and if so how did she handle it ? Thanks for sharing

4. brokenj3

brokenj3 New Member

Vehicle?:
    2010 Ford Raptor
    Color?:
    Tuxedo Black
    Engine:
    GEN1 5.4L
    Haven't been on in few days Bill, sorry. It was completely stock & with worn 90,000 mile shocks. No problem with any crosswind at all, big rigs didn't move me at all either. I was in tow/haul mode that the truck reacts to sway, braking and everything else. Towed any speed I wanted up hill and down. Since then I put new shocks on and went to mid perch on front. Haven't towed heavy since but sure it will be even better with good shocks

5. silversiDE

silversiDE Member

Vehicle?:
    2010 Ford Raptor
    Color?:
    Black
    Engine:
    GEN1 6.2L
    How long was the towing? Good to hear it handles great at all stock.