F-150 Raptor Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my name is Joe. Just bought a 2019 raptor, which is not only my first raptor but also my first truck! Needless to say, learning as much as I can but a little overwhelmed at times. Realizing I need to take baby steps before attempting big ones.
right now, my plan is to:
1) line-x premium bedliner and truck gear retractable bed cover
2) rough country fog lights, prob will pay dealer to install them (I have close to 0% experience with electrical/wiring work)
3) undercover swing case(s). My understanding is there are some questions related to durability, but I don’t plan on hardcore off-roading any time soon
4) mid perch mod vs RGB leveling kit (i may attempt this myself after ample learning/preparation)

open to criticism, and thanks! Glad to be here

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello, my name is Joe. Just bought a 2019 raptor, which is not only my first raptor but also my first truck! Needless to say, learning as much as I can but a little overwhelmed at times. Realizing I need to take baby steps before attempting big ones.
right now, my plan is to:
1) line-x premium bedliner and truck gear retractable bed cover
2) rough country fog lights, prob will pay dealer to install them (I have close to 0% experience with electrical/wiring work)
3) undercover swing case(s). My understanding is there are some questions related to durability, but I don’t plan on hardcore off-roading any time soon
4) mid perch mod vs RGB leveling kit (i may attempt this myself after ample learning/preparation)

open to criticism, and thanks! Glad to be here
Your front shocks will adjust 2”, and allow you to lift the front of the truck without a leveling kit. The shocks are designed that way. Take it to an experienced off-road facility, and they will know what to do. Then you will need an alignment. It should cost about $300-400 to adjust the shocks (they have to pull them off the truck and extend them), then pay for an alignment.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your front shocks will adjust 2”, and allow you to lift the front of the truck without a leveling kit. The shocks are designed that way. Take it to an experienced off-road facility, and they will know what to do. Then you will need an alignment. It should cost about $300-400 to adjust the shocks (they have to pull them off the truck and extend them), then pay for an alignment.
Thanks for the tip! ended up going with local ArmorThane for their liner and a LoMax cover. Loving it. 2" lift is next once I can fit it in the budget 😉

·
Registered
3 Posts
Youtube University can show you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts