F-150 Raptor Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had a field training exercise for work this past weekend, and one of the things we were working on with the cadets was being able to shoot accurately from a moving platform.

The weather was right nasty, in the teens at night and in the mid-twenties during the day, but everyone had a good FTX anyway. Beats being in class!

·
Registered
915 Posts
Nice picrures. Ready for zombies :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL, yep, it's hard to see and I wasn't sure anyone would spot the second target for what it is. :smileup:

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
nice looks like fun, so that's what raptor hunting looks like?

·
Registered
126 Posts
We had a field training exercise for work this past weekend, and one of the things we were working on with the cadets was being able to shoot accurately from a moving platform.

What are some moving vehicle shooting tips? I have practiced from a golf cart at slow speeds and can barely hit a profile at 50 yds. Id be fine running from me if i was shooting at me from a moving truck! Whose going to be the first to mount up a .50 cal in the bed of a raptor!?

·
Registered
877 Posts
If I had a 50cal i would fab some mounts up!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If I had a 50cal i would fab some mounts up!
I have both a 50 and a 30cal I'm looking to mount on it for training.

Modular would be great, but I think I'm settling on just having it be easily removed at this point. So I'm leaning toward some sort of rollbar on the back that would then take a removeable mount when needed.

Heck, I have a thread on the topic here:

http://www.raptorforumz.com/showthread.php?t=8471

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What are some moving vehicle shooting tips? I have practiced from a golf cart at slow speeds and can barely hit a profile at 50 yds. Id be fine running from me if i was shooting at me from a moving truck! Whose going to be the first to mount up a .50 cal in the bed of a raptor!?
We shot at 5 targets at 40meters while moving laterally. Each cadet got a 10rd mag for each run, and the high was 8 hits spread across all 5 targets. Their goal was at least one solid hit in each of the five. The average was probably only hitting 3 of the 5.

The biggest thing is NOT having your body be rock solid with the truck.

I'm the driver in the second and third pic and you can see the shooters are somewhat lower to the truck bed than I am (I'm the shooter in the first pic). By staying up higher and not letting my butt or thigh touch my kneeled portion of my leg, I get a much better shock absorption effect. My left leg (I'm right handed, so I usually kneel with my right leg down) and my trunk can move quite a bit to absorb bumps and movement. I also did not wedge against the side of the truck bed- the guys that did that were also connecting their body at that point to the truck's movement. Make sense?

·
Registered
435 Posts
Very nice seeing this i use a golf cart for my praticed also but i do it for shoot my sporting clays and skeet shooting. It helps out alot but i also have my little brother who is helping me get better. He is only 19 and in the top % of shooters in the world for it. I know i will never get to his but would like to get better haha. Anyone else here skeet or sporting clay out there?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts