F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at replacing my shocks soon and ebay has them but not sure about the shelf life .....If they sit in the warehouse for 3 or 4 years will they still be ok ?...They say "new" in discription and look like its a ford dealer that sells them....Any opinions??

·
Registered
9 Posts
Looking at replacing my shocks soon and ebay has them but not sure about the shelf life .....If they sit in the warehouse for 3 or 4 years will they still be ok ?...They say "new" in discription and look like its a ford dealer that sells them....Any opinions??
Fox’s are fully rebuildable if worn.. unless looking for an upgrade...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i just want to replace with same shocks ....then have my takeoffs rebuilt...just not sure if the "new ones" sitting around for a few years would still be good..or need new seals and gas from sitting so long..

·
Registered
9 Posts
i just want to replace with same shocks ....then have my takeoffs rebuilt...just not sure if the "new ones" sitting around for a few years would still be good..or need new seals and gas from sitting so long..
I would imagine something sitting for that long may develop an issue... plus it’s a lot more costly to buy a second set.. I’d just rebuild yours if you can be without the truck for a week or so.. when mine are gone, I’m upgrading

·
Registered
35 Posts
Not to bash, I may be an exception..I had bad luck with the shocks rebuilt in California. Like a bad ride from the get-go and leaking 4 months later.
Had them done on Windy St. here in Vegas..Like butter.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not to bash, I may be an exception..I had bad luck with the shocks rebuilt in California. Like a bad ride from the get-go and leaking 4 months later.
Who’d you use in Vegas? Do they have the exchange program?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had bad luck with rebuilt shocks out of cali also. 2 of 4 seals totally blown in less than a year with no hard driving at all. I ended up replacing them with fox shocks from a gen 2 pulled off brand new. I wouldn't waste your time or money on a rebuild... there's no warranty on a rebuild so if they crap out your screwed.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Who’d you use in Vegas? Do they have the exchange program?
Aftermarket HQ...The shop is directly across from the Shelby shop and in cahoots somewhat.
Don't know about exchange. I live here, and they just knocked them out in a day. I had them RnR. They found things RE my rebuilds that they didn't like.
Again, not to bash CA....But the truck is like new again. Two rebuilds in 30,000 miles, ffs.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I had bad luck with rebuilt shocks out of cali also. 2 of 4 seals totally blown in less than a year with no hard driving at all. I ended up replacing them with fox shocks from a gen 2 pulled off brand new. I wouldn't waste your time or money on a rebuild... there's no warranty on a rebuild so if they crap out your screwed.
I hear you, but a good shop will take care of you if you don't get your time out of them..
They are intended to be rebuilt..correctly.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Aftermarket HQ...The shop is directly across from the Shelby shop and in cahoots somewhat.
Don't know about exchange. I live here, and they just knocked them out in a day. I had them RnR. They found things RE my rebuilds that they didn't like.
Again, not to bash CA....But the truck is like new again. Two rebuilds in 30,000 miles, ffs.
What’s the cost to get the 4 overhauled ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a set of 3'' icon shocks, upper control arms and 2'' spacers to make stock rims fit with no rub. Im asking $5000 for the package. I've got 10 to 15k on them, rolled on the road and some hill climbing for use. Here's my # 586 8729five3three
Jeff

·
Registered
3 Posts
How hard are they to rebuild anyway? I know when its nitrogen charged it can be a bit risky but changing seals out and oil i wouldn't think would be too difficult. Probably some special Fox tools required but I couldn't see it being too much different from moto suspension but im just shooting in the dark here

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bought the ones on ebay....received in 2 days....already moved to mid-perch and will have installed on tuesday....may have take offs rebuilt or sell on ebay...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ive had mine rebuilt TSW.. havent had any luck . Went to crap few weeks

1 - 19 of 19 Posts