F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings Raptor owners!

One of my beasts in my stable is a Raptor 2013 SCAB. Yes, you read it right...it is a 2013 and it has only 27K miles. This is a baby...ride it once in awhile in the weekends when I go remote places (not crazy mountains) looking for wide pastures to do long range shooting.

Now...let's clarify something: I do not ride this Raptor hard, no YouTube movies, no stop-and-go, no daily commute, no heavy foot on gas or brake. Still today I did not pass Inspection...with verdict: "rear bakes are gone". No pulsating, no squeaks, no problem braking. IS this NORMAL?

What gives??? PLEASE help me understand why a Raptor has such poor/junk brakes!!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Haven't read any other posts on any of the Raptor forums where it is an issue.

And, your statement: "...why a Raptor has such poor/junk brakes!!!" is a bit premature.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haven't read any other posts on any of the Raptor forums where it is an issue.

And, your statement: "...why a Raptor has such poor/junk brakes!!!" is a bit premature.
Why is it "premature"...???
Premature ...???... is that my initial OEM brakes went dead at 27k miles...with a Raptor that is NOT abused not pushed to EXTREMES, not have a HEAVY foot of brakes and gas...not doing YouTube idiotic movies, not a COMMUTER car!!
So what gives....?
I have other ponies in my stable...Lexus, Porsche, Acura, etc...none of them had to change brakes at less than 40K miles!
I put Akebono ceramic brakes now...but even the mechanic said: "OEM original brakes should have lasted at least 40K miles"
This is a SVT vehicle...WTF Ford???
What IDIOTIC brakes are put in this vehicle?

·
Registered
95 Posts
What IDIOTIC brakes are put in this vehicle?

Same as on several other vehicles...with no issues Maybe the ABS proportioning valve or the brakes ECU isn't set or programed right. Your mechanic needs to do his homework.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts