F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I think I would be worried about powder coating the sim beadlock since you never know what an impact wrench will do to them over time.

Mickey Thompson makes some simulated beadlocks as stated within your link, called the Classic II. Be careful with these rims as you could lose any of the simulated nuts on the rings. In addition to that the center caps do not fare well in a coastal environments and tend to rust rather quickly. MT was kind enough to send me replacement chromed center caps at no charge and these started rusting within a year. In drier/warmer environments they may last longer.

·
Registered
957 Posts
NCdiver,
That is great advice! Every after-market wheel I've purchased thru the years has turned to rust once the wrench has touched them. They salt the roads where I live and unless you want to spend hours cleaning those nooks and crannies, it's near hopeless to keep'em shiney for any length of time. Enjoy them while they're new or keep the truck as a "fashion statement". Mine's gonna' throw some mud, if it ever gets here? Still waiting, Mr Ford!
Reddog...

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you maintain your stuff you will never have a problem with Rust. IMO I live in New Orleans its 100% Humidity all the time. I don't and never had rust on any of my rims.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts