F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!
I know not many are active and or we don't have many Ontarians on this forum but I am willing to organize a winter off road/multi day/excursion/meet up in January 2014.
I would love to meet more folks from the Province whom want to explore the vast wilderness in Ontario and have fun on some northern Ice roads.

Depending on how many people and how far people want to travel. This can be organized by me or if anyone else wants to help.

Lets start off with a meet up/wheeling/short trip options.
I own 250 acres in Northern Bruce Penninsula. Lots of trails on my property. And tons of trails near by for 4x4, quads, sleds you name it! About 60km north of Owen Sound Ontario. So for y'all local South Ontarians whom don't want to travel too far and stay within reception and or accommodations this can be planned for any weekend ect.

Now for more "fun"…
I run North Ontario Ice roads quite often. Cochrane to moosone to fort albany ect. These ice roads are quite dangerous, and very very remote. Were talking no service 300-500KM. No cell phone, no nothing just the road, ice and your truck. I own 650 acres with thousands and thousands of hectares of crown land near by. It's 2 hours north by logging road from HEARST ONTARIO. From Toronto to Hearst its a good 8 hours haul depending on weather. Thousands of KM of trails, non marked and out of commission to old logging/mining abandoned ghost towns. Theres no permits, theres no authorization from MNR. Since this is all uncatagorized townships we are able to make our own trails if we really wanted to. This ofcource would be a long weekend/3-5 day trip.

Now for the most extreme.
MATTAWA to FORT GEORGE QUEBEC. 2400 KM one way with no service from MATTAWA to FORT GEORGE (700KM) This is a real excursion and we would be the first raptors ever to set tread up there. Theres also the TRANS TAIGA HIGHWAY. Notorious for chewing up tires and claiming deaths. It runs from RADISSON QB all the way to LABRADOR. Worth checking out, i did 250 km of it last year, for a good 50 km i had to go 20 Km a hour due to hundreds of rain deer running in front of me. It's really untouched and a sight to see. Ofcource this would be a full out excursion with tons of planning and needing 4-7 days to do.

These roads are roads you cannot find in the USA except for alaska ofcource and these roads are dangerous. This isn't for everyone. You can be faced with complete whiteouts, 4-5 feet of snow overnight, 24hr darkness, -55c chill temps. I have access to MNR and Logging/mining routes in North Ontario and have explored hundreds of KM of trails on my own via my truck, sled, tracked quad.
Again there is no permits to buy or rules to follow this is open country all we have to do is inform RCMP/OPP on our plans for rescue operations *thats the only law*

Ice roads begin construction early Dec and are open till Feb 7. If you have never ran a ice road, it's a pretty intense feeling. For guys that are north of North Bay and use studded legal tires you shouldn't have a problem, for y'all southern Ontarians chains will be necessary.

DUE TO SOUTHERN ONTARIO BEING SUPER LIBERAL. WE CANNOT ORGANIZE A OFF ROAD EVENT ANYWHERE SOUTH OF NORTH BAY DUE TO MNR CLOSING TRAILS AND NUMEROUS SNOWMOBILE DUMMIES TAKING OVER TRAILS. THATS WHY NORTH ONTARIO IS FREE FOR ALL, EVERYONE SHARES THESE TRAILS. IF I GET 5-15 FOLKS THAT ARE WILLING TO RUN ICE ROADS I WILL ORGANIZE DATES AND ROUTES. THIS WILL BE POSTED ON THE OTHER FORUM AS WELL. THIS EVENT WILL BE FREE OF CHARGE ANY ANY SKILL LEVEL ACCEPTED. JUST DONT BE STUPID AND RISK YOUR LIFE SINCE YOU ARE HUNDREDS OF KM AWAY FROM HELP AND AIR MILES AWAY FROM ANY SOS RESPONSE.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Spitzer,
This sounds AWESOME!!!! Love cold weather...lived in Iron Mountain, MI for 3 years travelled to Houghton, Marquette and So. Ontario at that time....
Eddie

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys! I know not many are active and or we don't have many Ontarians on this forum but I am willing to organize a winter off road/multi day/excursion/meet up in January 2014. I would love to meet more folks from the Province whom want to explore the vast wilderness in Ontario and have fun on some northern Ice roads. Depending on how many people and how far people want to travel. This can be organized by me or if anyone else wants to help. Lets start off with a meet up/wheeling/short trip options. I own 250 acres in Northern Bruce Penninsula. Lots of trails on my property. And tons of trails near by for 4x4, quads, sleds you name it! About 60km north of Owen Sound Ontario. So for y'all local South Ontarians whom don't want to travel too far and stay within reception and or accommodations this can be planned for any weekend ect. Now for more "fun"… I run North Ontario Ice roads quite often. Cochrane to moosone to fort albany ect. These ice roads are quite dangerous, and very very remote. Were talking no service 300-500KM. No cell phone, no nothing just the road, ice and your truck. I own 650 acres with thousands and thousands of hectares of crown land near by. It's 2 hours north by logging road from HEARST ONTARIO. From Toronto to Hearst its a good 8 hours haul depending on weather. Thousands of KM of trails, non marked and out of commission to old logging/mining abandoned ghost towns. Theres no permits, theres no authorization from MNR. Since this is all uncatagorized townships we are able to make our own trails if we really wanted to. This ofcource would be a long weekend/3-5 day trip. Now for the most extreme. MATTAWA to FORT GEORGE QUEBEC. 2400 KM one way with no service from MATTAWA to FORT GEORGE (700KM) This is a real excursion and we would be the first raptors ever to set tread up there. Theres also the TRANS TAIGA HIGHWAY. Notorious for chewing up tires and claiming deaths. It runs from RADISSON QB all the way to LABRADOR. Worth checking out, i did 250 km of it last year, for a good 50 km i had to go 20 Km a hour due to hundreds of rain deer running in front of me. It's really untouched and a sight to see. Ofcource this would be a full out excursion with tons of planning and needing 4-7 days to do. These roads are roads you cannot find in the USA except for alaska ofcource and these roads are dangerous. This isn't for everyone. You can be faced with complete whiteouts, 4-5 feet of snow overnight, 24hr darkness, -55c chill temps. I have access to MNR and Logging/mining routes in North Ontario and have explored hundreds of KM of trails on my own via my truck, sled, tracked quad. Again there is no permits to buy or rules to follow this is open country all we have to do is inform RCMP/OPP on our plans for rescue operations thats the only law Ice roads begin construction early Dec and are open till Feb 7. If you have never ran a ice road, it's a pretty intense feeling. For guys that are north of North Bay and use studded legal tires you shouldn't have a problem, for y'all southern Ontarians chains will be necessary. DUE TO SOUTHERN ONTARIO BEING SUPER LIBERAL. WE CANNOT ORGANIZE A OFF ROAD EVENT ANYWHERE SOUTH OF NORTH BAY DUE TO MNR CLOSING TRAILS AND NUMEROUS SNOWMOBILE DUMMIES TAKING OVER TRAILS. THATS WHY NORTH ONTARIO IS FREE FOR ALL, EVERYONE SHARES THESE TRAILS. IF I GET 5-15 FOLKS THAT ARE WILLING TO RUN ICE ROADS I WILL ORGANIZE DATES AND ROUTES. THIS WILL BE POSTED ON THE OTHER FORUM AS WELL. THIS EVENT WILL BE FREE OF CHARGE ANY ANY SKILL LEVEL ACCEPTED. JUST DONT BE STUPID AND RISK YOUR LIFE SINCE YOU ARE HUNDREDS OF KM AWAY FROM HELP AND AIR MILES AWAY FROM ANY SOS RESPONSE.
Did this ever happen?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts