F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2011, 164k miles. Runs like it did when new. Transmission starting to whine a little bit, power steering sometimes "groans" at low speed maneuvering turns.

Worth getting into a new vehicle, or stick with this girl and get her some new parts?

Please just respond with unemotional considerations.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After 3 days of getting first-hand knowledge of just how effed up the auto industry is right now (not the only one i know, thanks JB), I'm heavily leaning towards staying with her.

New question: anyone here have experience good or bad with the rebuilt transmissions I would have to get since there's no new ones?

·
Registered
346 Posts
If it's rebuilt correctly, it's just as good as new. I rebuild my own stuff, but I'm starting to see transmission shops around here buying rebuilt ones and just swaping them. They must have some agreement with a dealer to update the calibration with the new valve body.

·
Registered
3 Posts
After 3 days of getting first-hand knowledge of just how effed up the auto industry is right now (not the only one i know, thanks JB), I'm heavily leaning towards staying with her.

New question: anyone here have experience good or bad with the rebuilt transmissions I would have to get since there's no new ones?
I would try to get a transmission from a wrecked vehicle. I’ve had several transmissions rebuilt and they all have failed. Try to find one used that hasn’t been rebuilt. There is a company near me that sells them they are called LKQ and they deliver and ship check them out online. Hope this helps and good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts