F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what else is there besides light racks that might make those fun switches something besides pretty? It would be a shame to have wasted buttons on the raptor.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Winch, radar detector, subwoofer amps are a few things I thought of. It would be sweet to wire the trailer lights through a switch so I can thank the truckers that flash their lights to let me know I can safely change lanes in front of them.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I was thinking about an electric exhaust cut-out for those off-road romps......maybe a quiet neighborhood, lol. An air compressor would be another idea.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I was thinking about an electric exhaust cut-out for those off-road romps......maybe a quiet neighborhood, lol. An air compressor would be another idea.
I like the electric exhaust cut out, that's a damn good idea, for the true sound when your foots to the floor havin fun

·
Registered
126 Posts
As soon as I get some time, I want to hook one up to the DVD video enable wire on the NAV so my boy can watch DVDs on trips. It cuts the video when taken out of park.
Another I want to hook to the rear view camera enable so I can watch my own roosts instead of watching out the windshield.

·
Registered
77 Posts
As soon as I get some time, I want to hook one up to the DVD video enable wire on the NAV so my boy can watch DVDs on trips. It cuts the video when taken out of park.
Another I want to hook to the rear view camera enable so I can watch my own roosts instead of watching out the windshield.
2 very good ideas , I think you should do a full "how to" thread on thoses . That sounds like 2 mods I'm sure alot of people would like

·
Registered
290 Posts
Here is what I plan to do to accomplish just that

http://www.coastaletech.com/DELUXE_LOCKPICK.htm

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Here is what I plan to do to accomplish just that

http://www.coastaletech.com/DELUXE_LOCKPICK.htm
That's what I was going to recommend. I've been following a thread about it on f150online and they've had it in the works for a while. They were apparently working on issues for the hard drive. I guess they got it figured out now because one of the guys there just got his shipping confirmation. But yeah, watching your own roost on the screen and seeing everything fly by would be awesome!

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
You can always use one of the switches for a couple of kick @ss horns...you know for those drivers who always want to go 5 mph under the speed limit in the fast lane and refuse to move out of your way. Could even be used for deer, trains, cattle crossings, or just to annoy people...keep your wits about you though.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I've seen videos where they put those horns on cars and drive them around in big cities in California. It makes people on the street hit the deck; I guess they think they're getting shot at?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Why not set up one for that 100 shot of NOS for those days that the little rice burners with the fart cans get frisky... :sumo: :eek:wned:

·
Registered
164 Posts
I was thinking some police strobe leds in that big grill and have the last aux switch turn um on.
LOL... already have 4 red LEDs for in the big grill, add one inside the windshield, 2 amber LEDs on the rear beside the license plate... and working on what to do with the 4th switch.Now if only she comes in... I will be good to go.:gy:

·
Registered
15 Posts
hey i was wondering. i got my raptor last night and i wanna put some blue neon lights inside the truck itself. can i even hook those up to the aux switch. and how would go about doing that.

·
Registered
36 Posts
You can always use one of the switches for a couple of kick @ss horns...you know for those drivers who always want to go 5 mph under the speed limit in the fast lane and refuse to move out of your way. Could even be used for deer, trains, cattle crossings, or just to annoy people...keep your wits about you though.
LOL! That's an awesome idea! Now, anyone know where I can get a CSX or Norfolk-Southern locomotive horn?!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I was thinking about getting some sort of PA system set-up. Maybe you can flip a switch, and it'll use the bluetooth microphone to send your voice to the PA. Wouldn't that be cool? (until you forget to flip it off ha ha)

·
Registered
98 Posts
I was thinking some police strobe leds in that big grill and have the last aux switch turn um on.
I have a whole bunch of police style strobes in clear and amber and i am planning on using them on the raptor when i get it in. When my friends go out on thier trail rides they all have their strobes on and i would like to have somekind of hidden set up. I am thinking about some behind the grill after i put on the FRPP light bar and maybe some on the Tire Gate when i install it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have 2 marine 6 1/2 speakers and a marine 10" sub in my bed and connected the amp to the aux switches for tailgating and camping. That way I can shut them off on the road.

Also, as for the PA, most CB radios have that option, all you have to do is wire it up to some speakers behind the grill. pretty simple and cheap job. I had the same sort of set up in my last truck with a code3 siren box and whelen siren speakers.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have 2 marine 6 1/2 speakers and a marine 10" sub in my bed and connected the amp to the aux switches for tailgating and camping. That way I can shut them off on the road.
That is exactly what I am interested in doing. Would you mind taking some pics/posting a write-up? Did you have to do any mods to the truck bed? How much hauling space was lost?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts