F-150 Raptor Forums banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
I take mine thru a Mister Carwash in Houston (unlimited car washes as a club member is nice for a black Raptor). Only went thru after they told me another Raptor had been thru. Tight fit but no problems. Looking at new wheels. Changes in offset from stock SVT wheels could push out wheels an inch or more. Two + more inches of width makes me nervous. Any one using an auto wash with a single track after changing their wheels??

·
Registered
95 Posts
Mine has been through a local one 3 times now, no incidents. They did measured it the first time though,

·
Registered
304 Posts
Even though the Raptor will fit through some single tracked car washes it will not fit through the ones located at Entec gas stations in Central Alabama. The attendant thought my would fit with no problem, but when I got to the tire cleaning section it stopped dead in it tracks. No damage, but I did have to back out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
3 for 3

I am 3 for 3 with no problem- I believe the issue is with the older ones that have dual tracks _ i went to a newer one with 1 track - as some have mentioned it was tight but did fit with no problems whatsoever- Hope that helps- Most good ones will kinda let you duck your nose in and kinda see if they think it will work- I know 7 inches sounds like a lot- but its only 3 and a half per side- when I thought about it like that, I felt much more confident-

·
Registered
22 Posts
I ventured into the dark side of the auto car wash... HOLY SHIAT!! Do not attempt unless you are sure you can fit... i squeezed in and squeezed out... the damn thing is way to close for comfort and i'm sure the inside was wetter with my sweat than the outside from the wash...no more flirting with disaster!

·
Registered
118 Posts
I take mine to a newer single track Car Wash all the time with no issues. I also recently went to Sonoma CA and went through some rain on a newly paved section of highway. When I got up there, there was this black sticky soot all over the sides of my truck. I had to get it washed and the only car wash around was in Los Banos. It was a single track one where you could see the chain pulling the rollers around and it had the old type spinning soft brushes, I mean this place looked like it was from the 70's... Raptor went through with no problems and came out looking Great! :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
went to a single track wash today and they measured the width for me.. they measured from the inside of the driver tire, to the outside of the passenger tire and said my truck was 3" too wide.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Owners (or people with actual knowledge like gasgasman) - With the additional width of the Raptor, will it fit through most commercial car-washes? (the kinds that have the metal "tracks" and a device to pull the car through) Or am I stuck at a DIY joint?

Thanks,
Sean

ps - did a search and didn't locate results - point me in the right direction if this has been covered. Thanks.
car detailing silver spring
My new truck feels huge to me so like the topic said do any of you use automatic car washes? I know I would at least have to fold in my mirrors but I do not want to get stuck like Winney the poo leaving rabbits hole.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts