F-150 Raptor Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know or have a diagram or video of the passenger side apron where its located at the front right side cab wall by the door. Our Raptor has factory or other type foam sprayed heavy on it so we do not know yet if it is welded or bolted on as to the other side its welded to the drop plates on the lower radiator bar and we will grind and re weld that no worries with our new passenger apron. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Savvy Turtle

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This is the correct proceedure but its for the new F150s built with aluminum, does anyone have or know the step proceedure with removing the rail in an earlier f150 before Aluminum, I have heard that you will have to remove the enitre dash insides in order to get to the rivets to drill or grind them out as they are on the insides and in 2016 on Ford changed it and made it easier on body shops by putting it on the outside. - I have a front rail replacement along with the lower radiator support and all other pieces needed. and I do not mind welding nor using rivets etc. I prefer to do it the correct way even though it has not passed my mind of just cutting the rail and welding half of the new one on, grinding and sanding and wahla! I will say that body shops, collision centers and people with frame machines wont even talk to you or respond once you give them the year of your f150 if its prior to 16.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is the correct proceedure but its for the new F150s built with aluminum, does anyone have or know the step proceedure with removing the rail in an earlier f150 before Aluminum, I have heard that you will have to remove the enitre dash insides in order to get to the rivets to drill or grind them out as they are on the insides and in 2016 on Ford changed it and made it easier on body shops by putting it on the outside. - I have a front rail replacement along with the lower radiator support and all other pieces needed. and I do not mind welding nor using rivets etc. I prefer to do it the correct way even though it has not passed my mind of just cutting the rail and welding half of the new one on, grinding and sanding and wahla! I will say that body shops, collision centers and people with frame machines wont even talk to you or respond once you give them the year of your f150 if its prior to 16.
I found this pic from one of the forums online cant remember where and trying to find out the steps this gentleman took to remove the rails.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts