F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a lot of people that are waiting on their Raptors may be wondering this also. Does anyone that has a Raptor have pic of the rear view camera in the rear view mirror yet. I would like to see it when it is activated and not activated. I am notting get my Raptor til July 2010 but that is to being deployed. It is on order and I have never seen a rear viem mirror with the video display in it. Just trying to ease the itch of waiting a little thanks everyone. :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
I know a lot of people that are waiting on their Raptors may be wondering this also. Does anyone that has a Raptor have pic of the rear view camera in the rear view mirror yet. I would like to see it when it is activated and not activated. I am notting get my Raptor til July 2010 but that is to being deployed. It is on order and I have never seen a rear viem mirror with the video display in it. Just trying to ease the itch of waiting a little thanks everyone. :)
Search youtube. I've seen video demos of the mirror in F150s.

·
Registered
145 Posts
That is the view you get out of the stock rear view camera? That is worthless! Why couldn't they use the huge radio/navigation screen?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Pretty slick.

CD, thanks for your service. Stay alert over there...
Thanks for your support. I have chosen the Nav unit for my daughter when we go on road trips she can watch movies and I can keep track of where we are going when she is asleep. Does anyone know if those marker as seen in the rearview mirror also on the Nav screen when activated. Thanks in advanced.:smiley_thumbs_up:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have that option in my '08 FX4 and those pics do not do it justice at all, that back-up camera is awesome. I was living in a condo w/underground parking and made life 100x easier expecially when hooking up to a trailer, first time everytime with no help from the passenger getting out to guide you.

Go for the back-up camera for sure if you hook up to anything often of have close quarters for parking.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Switch Backup Cam with Upfitter Switch?

Has anyone figured out how to run the Backup Camera Display in the Rear View Mirror when the Raptor is NOT in reverse???

I realize a diode will likely be necessary so applying power does not turn on the backup lights, yet allows normal function in reverse

How do I identify the Backup Camera Power Wire closest to the Smart Relay Box (fuse panel in passenger kick panel) so it can be connected to the Upfitter Switch lead #1 near the glove box?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Has anyone figured out how to run the Backup Camera Display in the Rear View Mirror when the Raptor is NOT in reverse???

I realize a diode will likely be necessary so applying power does not turn on the backup lights, yet allows normal function in reverse

How do I identify the Backup Camera Power Wire closest to the Smart Relay Box (fuse panel in passenger kick panel) so it can be connected to the Upfitter Switch lead #1 near the glove box?
expertek, the circuit for the backup camera is controlled by the reversing lamps relay,which is energized by the transmission when put into rev and is located in the BJB (battery junction block). From a splice after the relay it is fed through a 5 amp fuse (also in the BJB) and then into the camera. It passes through a connector ( C215) at the right kick panel. Will try and get a better description of this connector and its location and get back with you. I would not use Aux switch #1 for this application as it controls a 30 amp circuit. Switch # 4 is a 10 amp circuit and would be more suitable for this application. (may want to substitute a 5 amp fuse for the 10) You are correct that a diode would be necessary to keep the back-up lamps from coming on when you use your switch. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
209 Posts
expertek, the circuit for the backup camera is controlled by the reversing lamps relay,which is energized by the transmission when put into rev and is located in the BJB (battery junction block). From a splice after the relay it is fed through a 5 amp fuse (also in the BJB) and then into the camera. It passes through a connector ( C215) at the right kick panel. Will try and get a better description of this connector and its location and get back with you. I would not use Aux switch #1 for this application as it controls a 30 amp circuit. Switch # 4 is a 10 amp circuit and would be more suitable for this application. (may want to substitute a 5 amp fuse for the 10) You are correct that a diode would be necessary to keep the back-up lamps from coming on when you use your switch. Hope that helps.
Totally awesome - THANKS!!! BTW - I can read schematics, but the damn 2010 F-150 Wiring Diagram Book is not yet available. I need to look up that fuse in the Owner's Manual.

By BJB, I assume you mean the fuse panel under the hood. I think the fuse panel by the right kick panel is the SJB (Smart Junction Box). May have to install the Diode there at the Reverse Relay.

The way I see it - I have to be able to energize both the rear camera in Tailgate AND the Front Monitor in the Rear View Mirror. I am currently assuming that the same power lead energizes both the Camera AND Monitor. I also have to block power from going in the direction of the Reverse Lights and/or the Reverse Switch at the Transmission.

If successful, I will post complete directions and pictures on how to do it. After all, I figure that's what this forum is here for.;)

G

·
With trucks that have the nav screen and backup camera, is the rear view mirror monitor simply disabled or is it a completely different mirror?

·
Banned
180 Posts
I have to be able to energize both the rear camera in Tailgate AND the Front Monitor in the Rear View Mirror. I am currently assuming that the same power lead energizes both the Camera AND Monitor.
I did some research on this a while back but haven't had the time to finish the project. I believe the camera in the tailgate has power all the time whenever the ignition is on.

The power to the screen in the mirror seems to be what gets switched on when you put the Raptor in reverse... pin 2 on the mirror.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts