F-150 Raptor Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just did first oil change on my 2020 Raptor. When I reached in to unscrew the oil filter I found the following panel lying just below the filter. Does anyone have an idea where it snaps into?
20200810_185841.jpg

·
Registered
245 Posts
Shhhhhhhhhh! If your dealership finds out there might be a recall. Or worse you might get charged for it. Congratulations on you new ride. Beautiful choice my friend!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Just a friendly reminder to change your oil at 1/2 the recommendation by ford. The manual is not your friend. You now have a twin turbo. They burn oil and need to be treated to an oil change at 5000. I also recommend you get a oil catch can. I’ve had mine since October 2018 and since have emptied a half a quart of nasty oil that would only end up back in my valve train to be reburned off. Ford should of included this component. It’s a must.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi folks
I have done some upgrades to my 2013 Raptor. I have some OME parts for sale.
1) I have a set of OEM side steps that need only to be resprayed. They are in perfect structural condition.
2) I have the OEM engine air filter box.
3) I have the OEM third brake light
4) I have the OEM Skid plate
All items are in very good condition so make me an offer. I live in NJ

Take care stay healthy
Tim/Chief

·
2,624 Posts
Hi folks
I have done some upgrades to my 2013 Raptor. I have some OME parts for sale.
1) I have a set of OEM side steps that need only to be resprayed. They are in perfect structural condition.
2) I have the OEM engine air filter box.
3) I have the OEM third brake light
4) I have the OEM Skid plate
All items are in very good condition so make me an offer. I live in NJ

Take care stay healthy
Tim/Chief
Chief,
Please post in “parts for sale “

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just a friendly reminder to change your oil at 1/2 the recommendation by ford. The manual is not your friend. You now have a twin turbo. They burn oil and need to be treated to an oil change at 5000. I also recommend you get a oil catch can. I’ve had mine since October 2018 and since have emptied a half a quart of nasty oil that would only end up back in my valve train to be reburned off. Ford should of included this component. It’s a must.
Which catch can system did you buy? I was thinking of JLT but most only sell one that does one side of the engine.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I’m glad that you brought up the subject of Catch-Can.
I’ve read so many articles on the subject...single, double, with / without breather, completely eliminating PCV valve...I’m totally exhausted.
And I haven’t even mentioned price ! Wow !
Anyone have any thoughts ?

·
Registered
245 Posts
I bought the JLT catch can. It’s great. I actually bought my truck in October 2017. Above I accidentally typed 2018. It’s coming up on 3 years old. 67,776 miles on it. Other than having the cam phasers and timing chain issue repaired twice it’s been smooth sailing. It really doesn’t matter which catch can you get as they all work off the same principle. Some are 149.99. Some are 399.99. Mine holds 8 ounces. I empty it every 45 days. It’s usually half full. Just really glad it’s not going back into my valve train.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts