F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody do this or plan on doing this? According to Ford's website, the platinum and other variants have power-fold(in) mirrors. They look the same from the outside from what I can tell. Is Ford reasonable with custom ordering from the factory? (I'd request this and the cooled seats for fun) Or not like the 60's anymore where you could specify anything you wanted and they'd build it... for a price.

Is the wiring loom the same for all trucks and the mirrors just "plug and play" in a swap?

I have a 9x9 garage door, but limited turning room (Raptor has a HUGE turning radius) to swing in simply with the wide mirrors as they are today. Pressing a button like on my wife's car to fold in the mirrors would make this parking much simpler.

I know, sissy-boy question! But I'm interested all the same to make parking even possible for the wife when she takes it out.

Thanks,

Sean

·
Ford Raptor Forum!
1,565 Posts
You will need the power fold mirrors and the mirror switch. All the wiring is there.

The Driver's Seat Module will need to have the "As Built Data" flashed into it from a vehicle that has the power fold mirrors.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Excellent!

Thanks for the info. Glad the wiring's there. Does the mirror switch for the folding mirrors reside in the same place/size?

If I give the explanation below, with a local Ford tech be able to do it?

Thanks!:smileup:

Sean

You will need the power fold mirrors and the mirror switch. All the wiring is there.

The Driver's Seat Module will need to have the "As Built Data" flashed into it from a vehicle that has the power fold mirrors.

·
Ford Raptor Forum!
1,565 Posts
It's all "plug and play". Mirror knob replaces the one you have.
The "as built data" tells the seat module that the vehicle is equipped with folding mirrors.

The tech would have to take the time to locate a vehicle that has folding mirrors, run the VIN# on OASIS (Ford's on line info) and use that vehicle's As Built Data for the Driver's seat module.

We've done quite a few of them here.

·
Ford Raptor Forum!
1,565 Posts
Oh, by the way.
It will cost you $1,080.00 just in parts to do the conversion.
I guess it's no too bad compared to the graphics kit price.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Ford Raptor Forum!
1,565 Posts
There are no incentives on the Raptor right now.
Usually, on a new model launch they will wait 6 months then start the incentives.
I'm waiting on the 6.2l, so the incentives timing will be just right.

Check your PMs.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks!

I can't reply to you yet as I don't have 25 posts. Regardless, THANKS for your offer. I will take you up on it when I get one. I too am waiting on the 6.2. Hopefully with your employment, you'll get the "D" or equivalent treatment.

Have a good weekend!

Sean

There are no incentives on the Raptor right now.
Usually, on a new model launch they will wait 6 months then start the incentives.
I'm waiting on the 6.2l, so the incentives timing will be just right.

Check your PMs.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Power folding mirrors for a Raptor?

It's all "plug and play". Mirror knob replaces the one you have.
The "as built data" tells the seat module that the vehicle is equipped with folding mirrors.

The tech would have to take the time to locate a vehicle that has folding mirrors, run the VIN# on OASIS (Ford's on line info) and use that vehicle's As Built Data for the Driver's seat module.

We've done quite a few of them here.

Hi, I just purchased a Raptor last week from a dealer in Pearland. I would like to get the power folding mirrors for this. What parts do I need? Mine is the orange one, can I use the same mirror parts to keep the look?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Today I got a quote from Helfman ford here in Stafford TX for the power folding mirrors.

There is no kit for power folding mirrors available for the 2010 Raptor.
Power folding mirrors are also not listed as an option for that truck. There
are mirrors available for a regular F-150 and it is possible they will fit
the Raptor. Passenger side mirror is $447.77 and drivers side is $624.88.
Labor for installation and conversion will be approximately $600
Thanks.
George

WOW! They are proud of those parts! Never mind, I will build my own!

·
Ford Raptor Forum!
1,565 Posts
Today I got a quote from Helfman ford here in Stafford TX for the power folding mirrors.

There is no kit for power folding mirrors available for the 2010 Raptor.
Power folding mirrors are also not listed as an option for that truck. There
are mirrors available for a regular F-150 and it is possible they will fit
the Raptor. Passenger side mirror is $447.77 and drivers side is $624.88.
Labor for installation and conversion will be approximately $600
Thanks.
George

WOW! They are proud of those parts! Never mind, I will build my own!

$600 for the installation seems very high. The door panels have to be removed and the driver's seat module reflashed.
If you want the mirrors, my cost is as follows. You can reuse you original mirror scull caps.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I can certainly install the parts, but I will need Ford to re-flash the seat module for sure. How do I get these?

·
Registered
797 Posts
Thats awesome, I bought all my fleet truck from Helfman Ford as soon as I get my Raptor I'll be giving you guys a call.

Come to Helfman Ford and ask for me.
I'm in service. We will have to order the parts. Probably take a couple days.

Girard

·
Registered
28 Posts
Come to Helfman Ford and ask for me.
I'm in service. We will have to order the parts. Probably take a couple days.

Girard
Girard,

Thanks for your help. Got the passenger mirror installed and ready to go. I'll install the switch when I do the driver door. Hope the parts get here on Friday as expected. They fold like regular mirrors too so I can wait till you get back from Vacation to flash the driver seat module.

Good to meet you. That was an awesome Raptor you have there getting ready to ship to Africa.

See you next week.

Thanks again.

·
Ford Raptor Forum!
1,565 Posts
Right on Dave.
It's always good to put a face to an online poster.

You need to do a step by step photo shoot.

When you come back, I'll get the keys on the white Raptor so you can check out the seude head liner, DVD in head rests, all new seat covers, winch, etc etc.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Right on Dave.
It's always good to put a face to an online poster.

You need to do a step by step photo shoot.

When you come back, I'll get the keys on the white Raptor so you can check out the seude head liner, DVD in head rests, all new seat covers, winch, etc etc.
Pics or didn't happen. :gy:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts