F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had this happen a few times times now. I will be driving to or from work, 55mph and about a 15 minute drive almost all highway miles. I will suddenly lose power steering and when i get out and check the hose going into the cooler by the radiator is pushed off. It has a spring loaded clamp. It is the bottom of the 2 hoses that go to the cooler.

I have also had a few instances where I have opened the PS reservoir to add fluid and it was pressurized and made a slight popping noise when i unscrewed the cap.

In all instances I just hook the hose back on and add fluid and then I am good again for anywhere from 1 to 6 months.

The power steering pump is only about a year old. I have not done any offroading.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have had this happen a few times times now. I will be driving to or from work, 55mph and about a 15 minute drive almost all highway miles. I will suddenly lose power steering and when i get out and check the hose going into the cooler by the radiator is pushed off. It has a spring loaded clamp. It is the bottom of the 2 hoses that go to the cooler.

I have also had a few instances where I have opened the PS reservoir to add fluid and it was pressurized and made a slight popping noise when i unscrewed the cap.

In all instances I just hook the hose back on and add fluid and then I am good again for anywhere from 1 to 6 months.

The power steering pump is only about a year old. I have not done any offroading.

Any ideas?
Is it possible you have an after market PS res cap that’s not venting, causing pressure to build? Or the cap in general isn’t allowing pressure to vent off to atmosphere. It could be something that simple.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If your power steering low side pressure pushing hose is coming off the cooler, it's likely because the pressure is too high. You may need to adjust the pressure relief valve to reduce the pressure. Alternatively, the hose may be damaged and need to be replaced.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts