F-150 Raptor Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone - I am planning to buy a 2019 Raptor - will get the 802A package and typical options. I pull a boat that weighs 5,000 lbs (occasionally up to northern MI about 3.5hrs each way) and a 23ft snowmobile trailer which comes in at about 4,000lbs when full (pull into northern MI about 3 hours each way).

Would love some feedback from owners with experience pulling these weights on how the Raptor does? Have you used sway bars or anything else?

I know the weights above are under the ratings but would like some real world feedback.

Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi everyone - I am planning to buy a 2019 Raptor - will get the 802A package and typical options. I pull a boat that weighs 5,000 lbs (occasionally up to northern MI about 3.5hrs each way) and a 23ft snowmobile trailer which comes in at about 4,000lbs when full (pull into northern MI about 3 hours each way).

Would love some feedback from owners with experience pulling these weights on how the Raptor does? Have you used sway bars or anything else?

I know the weights above are under the ratings but would like some real world feedback.

Thanks

I've towed my pontoon boat pretty easily before it's about 5,00lbs. But I've only gone a few miles i.e. a 10min drive. It was much easier and felt more reliable than towing with my grand Cherokee. They're rated to tow up to 8,000lbs.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I've pulled multiple trailers with my 18 with my 7.5K lb 33' TT being the largest. Because of the off road suspension, you will get a bit more sag than with a regular F150, but with a good weight-distributing hitch, you should have no problem. Just be ready to shell out some cash at the pump as while I normally get 15-16 MPG empty, pulling that TT to northern MI, my mileage drops down to 6-7 MPG :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts