F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Needed a P/U and wasn't thrilled about how the new "Government Motors" dealerships were treating me. Decided to give Ford a chance, but wasn't impressed with the lack of inventory, or the "plain jane" looks of their available trucks, and due to experience (been there, done that, got the T-shirt) I wasn't about to consider ordering a new vehicle.

I saw an Orange Raptor (with the orange interior). Way cool looking truck, and after a test drive - WOW!

Didn't like the graphics (which were already peeling off) but I was so impressed with the truck that I offered to trade my 2008 HUMMER. The dealer took the graphics off, threw in a Line-X spray in bed liner, and we sealed the deal!

I couldn't be happier! "Government Motors" can go ahead and sell HUMMER to the Chicoms; I'll do my best to keep money and support jobs in this Country, especially since Ford offers a quality product that they stand behind. I also appreciate the "free oil changes for life".

Thank you Ford, thank you SV Team, and God Bless America!!!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yeah, I am confident that you made a very good decision there and until I can get my own, I can only be jealous of. I recently test drove a black fully loaded Raptor here at Joe Cooper Ford in Tulsa, Oklahoma. The salesman I spoke to knew alot about the truck and showed me everything about it. With the Hummer being sold to foreign makers, and with the Raptor being all that it is with size, toughness, how it looks, and what it can do, the salesman told me that he personally believes that the SVT Raptor is meant to replace the Hummer, especially on American soil. I personally can agree.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Utah, DK!

Thanks for the welcome DK.

Hey Utah: Where in Tulsa do you live? I use to live in S. Tulsa off of 110th St and Yale.

Good times, nice town, but when the job went, so did I!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Thanks for the welcome DK.

Hey Utah: Where in Tulsa do you live? I use to live in S. Tulsa off of 110th St and Yale.

Good times, nice town, but when the job went, so did I!

Well I actually don't live in Tulsa. I live a few hours from there in Fort Sill. The dealership there was the only place around that I knew of that had a Raptor on the lot and ready for a test drive, so I didn't mind the long drive. It was well worth it :D

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Needed a P/U and wasn't thrilled about how the new "Government Motors" dealerships were treating me. Decided to give Ford a chance, but wasn't impressed with the lack of inventory, or the "plain jane" looks of their available trucks, and due to experience (been there, done that, got the T-shirt) I wasn't about to consider ordering a new vehicle.

I saw an Orange Raptor (with the orange interior). Way cool looking truck, and after a test drive - WOW!

Didn't like the graphics (which were already peeling off) but I was so impressed with the truck that I offered to trade my 2008 HUMMER. The dealer took the graphics off, threw in a Line-X spray in bed liner, and we sealed the deal!

I couldn't be happier! "Government Motors" can go ahead and sell HUMMER to the Chicoms; I'll do my best to keep money and support jobs in this Country, especially since Ford offers a quality product that they stand behind. I also appreciate the "free oil changes for life".

Thank you Ford, thank you SV Team, and God Bless America!!!!
Welcome to the forum. What part of Georgia are you from (too lazy to look up Government Motors)? I used to live in Columbus.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Welcome.... Glad to have a fellow convert....

NCdriver GM= Gov. Motors since our great leader now ownes them.. (Sarcasm)

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
My bad. I get it now. Seriously, it could have been a new dealership around Ft. Benning, GA.

Thanks for the insight. I don't think Hummer qualifies as GovMo., I think it's ChiMo now if I am not mistaking. Point taken nonetheless...and thanks again.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oil changes were part of the negotiation.

Try it..... if your salesperson is the General Manager, it sometimes helps!

They got a good deal on my H2 though, but at an average of 10 mpg, not to mention the cost of ad valorem tax and insurance each year, I decided to save some money in depreciation and go from "snob" to "*******" (at least according to my wife).

·
Registered
424 Posts
I too traded in a Hummer

When the news came out about the Chicoms, I couldn't stand it. I called GM and they really don't know what's to become of the situation as far as service and parts, but you can well imagine.

I couldn't be happier. I love this danged truck. It's as wide as an H2 but feels livelier. It's just a fun tech heavy vehicle.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts