F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Question about Raptor order status feed-back from dealer ...

I got a report from my dealer about a week ago that my Raptor "is in production and should arrive in 3-weeks to a month".

Stopped by yesterday and they said that they had no ship date or any hard dates yet - it's just in production.

Should they be able to call their regional representative or someone else to get a better update?

What I'm trying to say is that: Are they able to get a better status report than what they are giving me?

They are very nice, great to deal with, and tell me to stop by anytime.

I don't want to bug them too much, but I'm getting a little antsy.

Thanks.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Mine never gave me anything other than "build date of 7/27" and "delivery date of 8/10". I think others have gotten the similar two dates as well, so I would think that they are both available somewhere.

I don't want to sound paranoid but it may be that the dealer wants to have it on their showroom floor for a while before they call you to come and get it.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I don't want to sound paranoid but it may be that the dealer wants to have it on their showroom floor for a while before they call you to come and get it.
After some proding, I found out the reason that they don't want to give me the production/delivery dates is that in the past a customer supposedly tried to sue them because their vehicle did not arrive on or before the projected delivery date. So now it is "policy" that they keep such things internal. They did assure me that they have had a producion/delivery date for a couple of weeks now. I let it go - it'll get here when it gets here.

Oh, it won't be in the showroom - I live less than a block from the dealership and they know the deal is that I get it as soon as it's in and prepped. Plus it is a relatively small dealership with only room for one vehicle in the showroom and it is now being occupied by a new Shelby Mustang GT-500 - nice light blue with white striping. :smileup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts