F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello first off to all I am new on here. Already did the intro thing in the Newb thread. So here is my question. I just ordered my Raptor and I have been looking for parts. 1st does any one know if the strut levelers will work? Front just looks a little low to me I would like to level out the truck, and second what about small body lifts, I dont want to mess with the suspension its to good as it stands but I would like the truck to be about 2 to 3 inches higher.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Body lifts look horrible IMO. :str: If you don't want to mess with the suspension and not take a chance of messing it up, I'd leave it alone. Ford designed it that way for a reason. Remember this is a purpose built truck and everything they did was for that purpose.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I agree about the body lifts not looking good, but I do like a level truck. From the pictures I've seen, it looks like the leveling kits for a regular f150 should work, but without having one to take measurements from, I couldn't say 100%. I was thinking about doing the same thing when I get mine; as long as it doesn't cause the front suspension to over extend, which could lead to problems whith the half shafts or a really hard jolt if the A arms have a down travel bump stop like a leveled S10 I used to have.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm curious as to how much frame will be hanging out the bottom if the step bars weren't there.

I don't understand why you would by this truck and do that stuff to it. Just me though. :4-dontknow:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Leave it alone it does not need to be raised any more.Has more clearence then you will ever need.This truck is not a rock crawler its a desert racer.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I understand everyones opinions and I appreciate them. I know for sure that I want to level out the truck (assuming it wont do any damage) As for the body lift I also understand. But I also know that on the new F150's the frame doesnt hang out like all the old styles (which I also dont like) But as for the desert runner yes I know and I wont be rock crawling mine the thing is I am in Germany and for the most part off roading is not allowed here regardless so its really not even available to me. Some people buy a truck for other reasons. Me I like the look of the truck, the chances of me actually going off road are slim. So I want to see how a 2 inch body lift would look not for a purpose but for the look. if I dont like it I can take it off just as easy. But I will see when the truck comes, I dont want to take to much away from the look it already has so its only a maybe thing right now. My end goal for the truck will be a good clean looking truck that can tow my other car with around 450HP and matching torque

·
Registered
60 Posts
I predict that the Raptor will be to the F150 what the Rubicon was to the Wrangler. Sales will stun the manufacturer, it will bring yet another tidal wave of people into the off-road community, and the aftermarket manufacturers will prosper.

The Rubicon is an off-the-lot badass. But every other Rubi out there has been made better (at least in the owner's mind).

The same will be true of the Raptor. Soon these forums will be full of "What did you do to your Raptor this week threads".

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
all the suspension parts are different than a stock f-150.
they are longer.........
yes I am aware of that I just want a little more lift out of mine. I think im just going to have to wait until the truck gets here so I can really compart the two together and see whats different

·
Registered
129 Posts
all the suspension parts are different than a stock f-150.
they are longer.........
Longer suspension parts don't affect how a leveling kit works. All you are doing is placing a spacer between the frame mount and the top of the struts. It looks like the Raptor uses the same 3 bolt strut to frame mount that a regular f150 uses.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts