F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, and I am new to the discussion. I have myself convinced and now funded to get a new 2010 6.2L raptor, black on black. But I have a few questions I cant seem to get answered from my numerous internet searches..

1. My current 2009 F150 FX4 is a 5.4 FFV, will the Raptor 6.2 also be FFV engine allowing me to burn "corn gas" as I like to call it?

2. I posted this question in another spot on the forum, so forgive my repeating it and stupidity, but does the Raptor have pre-fabricated wiring holes between the engine compartment and cab like the Toyota HiLux for wiring aux lights? Or are the aux switches already tied into the engine compartment with a battery relay for easy light install?

Thanks for your knowledge on these issues in advance..

·
Registered
58 Posts
While burning corn in your engine might sound good, I think many people will wonder what in the heck happened when a bag of Doritos starts costing ten bucks!

·
Registered
533 Posts
While burning corn in your engine might sound good, I think many people will wonder what in the heck happened when a bag of Doritos starts costing ten bucks!
It isnt just ethanol that plays a huge role in the increase of food costs. Fertilizer, refinement, and transportation costs, as well as stock speculation were shown to be the biggest factors in the price jump.

·
Registered
290 Posts
It isnt just ethanol that plays a huge role in the increase of food costs. Fertilizer, refinement, and transportation costs, as well as stock speculation were shown to be the biggest factors in the price jump.
Plus I think the goal is to start using "waste" products to make ethanol, like switchgrass and husks etc. So it should hurt the food supplies less and less over time.

·
Registered
136 Posts
it is not possible to grow enough corn in this country to make the ethanol we require to eliminate our dependance on fossil fuels.

·
Registered
533 Posts
it is not possible to grow enough corn in this country to make the ethanol we require to eliminate our dependance on fossil fuels.
E85 was never meant to ELIMINATE our dependance on fossil fuel...otherwise it wouldn't be 15% gasoline. It was meant to be a cheaper, more eco-friendly, alternative in the meantime, while other methods are perfected. It can be an entirely domestically produced fuel that has little to no impact on the environment because of the fact that the carbon dioxide burned by E85 will eventually be sequestered by the next years crops used to make it. And, if i'm not mistaken...i'm fairly certain we have enough farmland, that isnt being utilized, to BURY the world in corn...the federal government does pay people to plant grass after all, just to prevent flooding the market with oversupply of crops like corn and wheat.

·
Registered
129 Posts
2. I posted this question in another spot on the forum, so forgive my repeating it and stupidity, but does the Raptor have pre-fabricated wiring holes between the engine compartment and cab like the Toyota HiLux for wiring aux lights? Or are the aux switches already tied into the engine compartment with a battery relay for easy light install?
It has been posted somewhere in the forum that the aux switches are already wired into a fuse block in the engine compartment. Seems like you have 2 30amp fuses, 1 15amp, and 1 10amp, if I remember right. I think they even mentioned having a wire with a butt connector already installed, so all you have to do is connect the hot wire to the butt connector and find your nearest ground point. I really like what Ford/SVT has done if it really is that easy.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info - and the complete explanation of the purpose of E85!:smileup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts