F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A local salesman who admitadly said he wasn't up on the Raptor details yet did expand on the ""Sync" capabilities when I asked if it worked with iphones. What surprised me was that he said it had voice navigation. Is this true?

Voice nav as in no touch screen nav, just voice guided navigation.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Q #1 - Yes it works with the iPhone 3GS (assuming it will work with the others as well)

Q # 2 - Yes it does have voice navigation for input destinations...don't know about the turn by turn voice navigation.

·
Registered
290 Posts
As stated above you can enter destinations by voice, and the turn by turn directions are given by voice as well. The display is nice too with 3d images for those that cannot tell left from right:p

·
Registered
114 Posts
I drove one yesterday and the navagation compared to the factory unit in my 07 King Ranch was sooooooooooo much better. I have a lesser question..Does the Raptor have the backup alarm like my 07 or is the backup camera a replacement for that?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As stated above you can enter destinations by voice, and the turn by turn directions are given by voice as well. The display is nice too with 3d images for those that cannot tell left from right:p
3D images? I'm talking about the non-nav-lux package. Just plain Sync.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Q #1 - Yes it works with the iPhone 3GS (assuming it will work with the others as well)

Q # 2 - Yes it does have voice navigation for input destinations...don't know about the turn by turn voice navigation.
I'm coming from an 03 Murano with no phone sync capabilities so bear with me. :) How intergrated is the phone with "Sync"? How much of the iphone can be controlled by voice commands?

·
Registered
957 Posts
I'm thinking like Mr Lyon, is the reverse alarm standard even when you ordered the rear-view camera? That buzzer has saved me a scrape or three.
Reddog...

·
Registered
599 Posts
No reverse sensors on the Raptor, Camera only. Also, the Sync system does do the turn by turn with a blue tooth phone. No Nav system needed.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Yep there are no sensors on the Raptor. Just an opinion from someone whom has had both the backup sensor that beep and the backup camera. There is no comparison, while the beep was better than nothing it did not tell me how high, which side, what it was, or if it was just a bump in the road. The camera can show you what exactly it is, which side, how close etc. Plus the camera makes backing up to my trailer a simple 1 try affair rather than getting in and out a bunch of times to get it lined up.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've had the sensors on a Jeep and, like you, I found it to be helpful but...

Ordered our Raptor with the camera and I'm definitely looking forward to it.
What part of Nebraska do you call home?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I was born and raised out by McCook. Have family in the York/Stromsberg area and Lincoln as well. Too bad the Raptor isn't offered in RED. ;-)

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I'm coming from an 03 Murano with no phone sync capabilities so bear with me. :) How intergrated is the phone with "Sync"? How much of the iphone can be controlled by voice commands?
The iPhone is fully integrated. Push a button on the steering wheel, say "Call 'name of person'" and then it dials automatically...so long as it understands you and the name of the person.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
The iPhone is fully integrated. Push a button on the steering wheel, say "Call 'name of person'" and then it dials automatically...so long as it understands you and the name of the person.
Sweet! I went to the "Sync" site and checked the features out. They had some nice generic vids of various featrures. I noticed they have 3 categories for phones and supported features. Basic, Standard and Advanced. The iphone was "Standard". The only 3 features Sync doesnt support for the iphone is SMS/Txt'n, Audio Streaming and Ringtone Transfer. Cool stuff!

·
Banned
0 Posts
I've got SYNC with Nav and my iPod is shuffling all the songs and I don't recall how it's doing it. The good news is it will do it. I'll check today and get back to you later unless someone else already has.

·
Banned
0 Posts
If I recall corecctly, direct it to play any track, then turn shuffule on. By playing any track first, rather than drill down via artist or album or genre, you're directing SYNC to shuffle tracks, which is all of them regardless of album artist or genre.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Sweet! I went to the "Sync" site and checked the features out. They had some nice generic vids of various featrures. I noticed they have 3 categories for phones and supported features. Basic, Standard and Advanced. The iphone was "Standard". The only 3 features Sync doesnt support for the iphone is SMS/Txt'n, Audio Streaming and Ringtone Transfer. Cool stuff!
i know the website says it didnt support iphone audio streaming but that has worked on my iphone since day 1.

i just dont think the streaming is fully supported because i turned off the autoplay on the settings but my iphone always starts playing songs whenever i get in the truck. i dont hear it anywhere because the audio stays on whatever i had it set to but the iphone is still playing music and draining the battery...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts