F-150 Raptor Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 Raptor Supercrew. 126k miles. original owner. Started up a few days ago, got the Sony Sound System splash screen, then nothing. The display only has outside temp, inside desired temp, and compass heading. When try to turn on, get momentary display of time and CD load, but goes blank immediately. No bluetooth, no radio, no external input no sound. Every minute or so it flashed the time and CD load on its own.

Dealer tested and said sync module bad, R&R. Was working when i parked it--started it next morning same thing.
2nd dealer visit, took all apart, didn't find a culprit, started working, testing it for hours. Brought it home, next day went for 3 hour drive to hike, on one of the times I shut down, and then restarted the engine, it failed like before.

Dealer is researching a plan. Anyone here have any ideas?

·
Registered
8 Posts
2011 Raptor Supercrew. 126k miles. original owner. Started up a few days ago, got the Sony Sound System splash screen, then nothing. The display only has outside temp, inside desired temp, and compass heading. When try to turn on, get momentary display of time and CD load, but goes blank immediately. No bluetooth, no radio, no external input no sound. Every minute or so it flashed the time and CD load on its own.

Dealer tested and said sync module bad, R&R. Was working when i parked it--started it next morning same thing.
2nd dealer visit, took all apart, didn't find a culprit, started working, testing it for hours. Brought it home, next day went for 3 hour drive to hike, on one of the times I shut down, and then restarted the engine, it failed like before.

Had the dealer tell me same thing, that I needed a new apim module $1000.....Use Forscan to reset the apim module then update your system with a fresh SYNC download with a usb. no problems since donig the stated.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for replying. Heard of, but have not worked with Forscan. Can you offer any guidance/tips, etc so i don't waste time/$$ or brick my truck. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for replying. Heard of, but have not worked with Forscan. Can you offer any guidance/tips, etc so i don't waste time/$$ or brick my truck. Thanks in advance
You just need a laptop and download Forscan free version, you cannot really get into trouble with the free one, it's the version you pay for and when updating a module you can brick it. You will need the adapter cable to connect to obd 2 port. You can first try to pull you SYNC fuse to reset the sync system that did it on a friends tuck as well.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You just need a laptop and download Forscan free version, you cannot really get into trouble with the free one, it's the version you pay for and when updating a module you can brick it. You will need the adapter cable to connect to obd 2 port. You can first try to pull you SYNC fuse to reset the sync system that did it on a friends tuck as well.
Thanks. I tried battery disconnect and sync fuse before dealer...sadly no luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts

Mine has don’t that when it was updating took about 2 hrs no screen then works fine

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1 - 10 of 10 Posts