F-150 Raptor Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Just got back from the Raptor Assault course. It was intense! Such an awesome experience. Recently uploaded some footage, along with introducing my new channel on Youtube, dedicated to all things Ford Raptor. I'll be featuring reviews, mods, off-roading, tips, etc... Let me know what you think or if you have any suggestions for future content or any questions you might have. Lastly, throw some likes my way and subscribe if you're so inclined.

Raptor Renegade

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey brother. Yanick here from Florida. I’m headed out to Raptor Assault school myself on August 2nd. Their website FAQ isn’t too specific. Was wondering if there was any advise, preparation, things you brought or wish you had brought with you out there, etc. I’m driving my ‘19 Raptor out there. First big trip for the truck. Only has 2500 miles under her belt. Did you stay out at the hotel they recommended? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Glad to hear you had a great time. Really looking forward to getting her out of flat Florida where she is a pavement princess! Thanks again. Be safe.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey brother. Yanick here from Florida. I’m headed out to Raptor Assault school myself on August 2nd. Their website FAQ isn’t too specific. Was wondering if there was any advise, preparation, things you brought or wish you had brought with you out there, etc. I’m driving my ‘19 Raptor out there. First big trip for the truck. Only has 2500 miles under her belt. Did you stay out at the hotel they recommended? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Glad to hear you had a great time. Really looking forward to getting her out of flat Florida where she is a pavement princess! Thanks again. Be safe.
You're in for a great time! Since you're driving, definitely be careful about speeding in UT. I never had a ticket my entire life, but I got 2 during the trip! One on the way there, one on the way back. Added $270 to my adventure. Lol. Other than that, you don't really need to bring anything besides a camera/gopro if you want and stuff to stay hydrated. They provide lunch halfway thru. They have a photographer follow you all day and you get a thumb drive with hundreds of photos after for free. I stayed at the Best Western right in Tooele. It was the same price and way closer. It's literally just a straight shot 5 mins from the hotel to FPRS. Lastly, just listen to the instructors, be safe, and talk to everyone. It's great getting to be able to hang out in person with a bunch of Raptor fans. Good luck and enjoy!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Haha bro! I think I saw your YouTube video before because you started out by talking about never having had any tickets and then getting slapped with two in Utah! I remember shaved head goatee lol I’ll definitely watch my speed. I drove from San Diego to Florida, I hauled ass (I had flown to San Diego bought a GTI back when and drove her home) and made it just fine and then of all random places I got two tickets in Arkansas. Unbelievable. I must have passed two dozen Texas rangers and highway patrol with California tags and nothing and then I got to boring old Arkansas and get slapped twice. Thanks for the advice. Very much looking forward to the trip. And thanks for the video. Be safe.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol. Yup, that was me. I know, it's always the small towns that get you. I think that's the only way they keep their town alive and pay for everything.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You ain’t kidding. Bro the guy literally says “but look here’s what you do. On Monday call the number on the citation and ask for Carol. Tell her you want to just pay it and call it a day. You can pay it over the phone and both citations are taken care of”... I’m like ok no problem I’ll gladly contribute to your city’s Christmas fund this year and avoid points. Whatever works. Mind you I spent 9 years as a cop and we sure as hell didn’t have a Carol who magically took care of your citations over the phone lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha, that's crazy! They definitely have a good income source there. I knew something was up, cause when I went to the city's website he gave me, there was a big box right on the front page that said click here to pay speeding ticket. Lol. Most normal cities don't have that. I couldn't really argue though, cause both wrote me up for like 15 mph less than I was going. Also, the first guy was cool about it. He was this old, wise looking, small town cop type, and after he gave me the ticket, he was all asking about the Raptor and how I liked it. He said he wanted to get one for the job, but the Sheriff told him they were too expensive.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hey all,

Just got back from the Raptor Assault course. It was intense! Such an awesome experience. Recently uploaded some footage, along with introducing my new channel on Youtube, dedicated to all things Ford Raptor. I'll be featuring reviews, mods, off-roading, tips, etc... Let me know what you think or if you have any suggestions for future content or any questions you might have. Lastly, throw some likes my way and subscribe if you're so inclined.

Raptor Renegade
looking up the channel and subscribing (y)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts