F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I REALLY would like to get a Raptor soon. I live in Colorado. While I love to do trails at a high clip, but most of the stuff around here are steep, rutted, rocky mountain trails. A lot of loose gravel and shale. Has anyone had a Raptor off-road in similar conditions? How did it do?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hi,
I REALLY would like to get a Raptor soon. I live in Colorado. While I love to do trails at a high clip, but most of the stuff around here are steep, rutted, rocky mountain trails. A lot of loose gravel and shale. Has anyone had a Raptor off-road in similar conditions? How did it do?

Thanks!!
Welcome.

Mine did well on the type of road you described. The NAV was great because it had the back roads/trails on it.
The suspension is so well tuned, I found I could double the speed of most other vehicles without even trying. No bottoming and the washboard sections were smooth. Lots of grip and very easy to handle.

It kept power on the ground all the time and I didn't even spill my drink over the larger stuff.
My 9 year old boy actually fell asleep in the back seat while I blazed up the trails.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hi,

Thanks!!

Where in Colorado. I go every year... I can't wait to try the Raptor next summer.
My F250 was a little big on some of the pass roads this summer.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Welcome.

Mine did well on the type of road you described. The NAV was great because it had the back roads/trails on it.
The suspension is so well tuned, I found I could double the speed of most other vehicles without even trying. No bottoming and the washboard sections were smooth. Lots of grip and very easy to handle.

It kept power on the ground all the time and I didn't even spill my drink over the larger stuff.
My 9 year old boy actually fell asleep in the back seat while I blazed up the trails.
This is good news to me!

·
Banned
47 Posts
Where in Colorado? ... My F250 was a little big on some of the pass roads this summer.
I think width is going to be an issue on many of the trails I am familiar with in CO (Silverton, Ouray, Telluride, Salida). Anything wider than a Jeep may have some issues or at least require greater care as to where you put the truck on the trail. In addition, vehicle length can be an issue. Some trails require multi-point turns for vehicles the length of a Ranger.

But, it all depends on where you go. I bet there are plenty of trails where vehicle size is not that big of an issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts