F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering how the Raptor drives and feels on the highway?!

What about the comfort at cruising by 90miles/130km p hr...?
(I'm now driving a Land Rover Discovery / LR3)

Please share your experience.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Not as cush as the LR3

USA market LR3 will be likely better on road - I used to work at LR as the service/parts manager - for our market, those vehicles were configured for American luxury tastes on road with the abilty to rough-it off-road like most Land Rovers. The Raptor I've driven (briefly) had a bit more "bed-bounce" (the back end was more susceptible to road imperfections) and was wider by a good margin in terms of parking manuevers.

However, for a truck - truly impressive drive on-road. I was expecting it to be much more "trucky." 90mph would be nearing the top speed of the Raptor - but neither of these vehicles is designed for high-speed driving... aerodynamic effieciency of a 70's motorhome.

Have a good one.

Sean

·
Registered
37 Posts
I drove mine on a 200 mile round trip and it rides real good. People will get out of the way because it does look like a badass in the rear view mirror!!
Gas mileage improved to 14.4 mpg and i,am hoping this will improve with future air box and programmer etc. BRay

·
Registered
11 Posts
This was at 105mph on the road and it still had more in it. Truck feels great at high speeds. The wide stance makes it ride like a car. I did 97mph on a dirt road and it still felt completely stable. I was in 4wd on the dirt road. Here are pictures of both that I had my corider take. I know, I know they are nothing dramatic. But then again, neither was going that fast in the Raptor. :smileup: I am guessing that the top speed is around 120 or so. I was hauling a rack in the back and I did not want to push it any faster and risk breaking a tie down.

My corider had this great idea to take a picture of the GPS at 100mph on the dirt road, but just before he was able to snap the picture we came to an unmarked road crossing and I had to slam on the brakes. :158: This pic at 88 was after the road crossing. He wanted me to hold the GPS. That is how stable the thing felt. He was completely comfortable.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hit about 92 on this dry lake bed. It had a few inches of silt on top that just would not let it go much faster. It started getting sketchy.

As you can see in the other two photo's. Not every vehicle on the trail faired as well as the Raptor. There were drifts of silt on the running boards over an inch deep. Finally got the thing clean today.

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Could someone explain me the difference in on-road comfort between a 2009 FX4 and the 2010 Raptor...?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Everything I've seen so far indicates the Raptor does pretty well on the highways.

I'll let you know...when I pick mine up I'll have a 1,480 mile trip back home. :smileup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts