F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my eye on one of these trucks for the past 3 weeks or so and am working on making it a reality. I've been an avid member of the Jeep offroad community for the past 6 or 7 years and I am ready for something a little different. That, coupled with the fact that my 2 door TJ Rubicon is not the most child seat-friendly vehicle I've ever seen has pulled me toward the Raptor. Now, I mostly do trail rides and rock crawling in my jeep and from what I can tell the raptor won't touch the jeep in those areas. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong there. From what I can tell this truck is a desert racing type of truck, which has always interested me. This will be a move toward a more street friendly vehicle (my jeep is lifted 6" on 35's locked) that I can have a child seat in and DD it to work. I am in the Army and currently stationed in PA so the next task will be to find somewhere to drive this thing.

:wavey:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah

I figured as much. I'd imagine I'll still be able to take it on green/blue trail rides but more leaning towards the DD aspect and driving it fast through the dirt. I've spent entirely too much money and time on my jeep to just not even be able to put my kids in it every once in a while

·
Registered
92 Posts
I've had my eye on one of these trucks for the past 3 weeks or so and am working on making it a reality. I've been an avid member of the Jeep offroad community for the past 6 or 7 years and I am ready for something a little different. That, coupled with the fact that my 2 door TJ Rubicon is not the most child seat-friendly vehicle I've ever seen has pulled me toward the Raptor. Now, I mostly do trail rides and rock crawling in my jeep and from what I can tell the raptor won't touch the jeep in those areas. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong there. From what I can tell this truck is a desert racing type of truck, which has always interested me. This will be a move toward a more street friendly vehicle (my jeep is lifted 6" on 35's locked) that I can have a child seat in and DD it to work. I am in the Army and currently stationed in PA so the next task will be to find somewhere to drive this thing.

:wavey:
I am also in the Army, stationed at Fort Sill, Oklahoma. I am pretty much in the same position as you are.
I have only known about this truck for about 5 or 6 weeks now and working on bringing one home. I am originally from Utah, which has alot more places for offroading than Oklahoma does, but I have never done much offroad driving, so I too would have to find some good places for offroading.
I currently own a 2007 Ford Focus, which I plan to keep with the raptor for the excellent gas milage. Being single, it would seem odd that I would own two vehicles, but everyone would understand when I bring home my raptor.
I think that the Raptor would be better than the Jeep at offroading, atleast for high speeds, jumps, and i'm sure a more comfortable ride. I would have to see how they compare to rock climbing and mudding.
I hope you enjoy the forum.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Raptor wouldnt compare to a jeep for rock climbing and trail riding due to the long wheel base and IFS and lack of front locker. I'm sure it would be fairly capable for easy rides though and would kill the jeep at high speeds through the desert and for jumps and whatnot because of its stability

1 - 7 of 7 Posts