F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
First post here. I have always had GMC trucks. Current truck is a 2007 Sierra.
I am seriously considering buying a Raptor once the 6.2 engine is available. I do have a few questions though. What is the bed length? I assume there is only one bed length available.
Secondly there are a some options that I have on my GMC that I really don't want to be without. First is the remote start. Second is heated washer fluid. As I have to keep my truck outside, both options are nice to have on a cold winter morning. Are these available on the Raptor?

Thank you,
Steve E.

·
Registered
433 Posts
The bed length is 5.5ft. I don't think they come with heated washer fluid.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hate to hear that about the 5.5' bed. I need a 6.5' bed to haul my YZ450F. Could always buy a trailer but would rather not. How about remote start?

·
Registered
8 Posts
remote start i doubt comes standard..but im sure dealers will install one for you..any vehicle can have a remote starter added to it
o and your YZ will fit in the bed..they have the bed extender option..thats what im gonna use for putting my KX450 in the back

·
Registered
433 Posts
remote start i doubt comes standard..but im sure dealers will install one for you..any vehicle can have a remote starter added to it
o and your YZ will fit in the bed..they have the bed extender option..thats what im gonna use for putting my KX450 in the back
Thats right alot of my buddies have the 5.5ft box and there dirt bike fits fine in there 2 of them will fit. My quad fits just fine just gonna have the tailgate open my present f150 has the 5.5ft box. As for a remote start im getting one in mine they are throwing one in with my raptor but you can get that in any vehicle.

·
Registered
28 Posts
:hah: at heated washer fluid....

In almost 20 years of driving, I've never had a problem with my vehicles washer fluid freeze. :str:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:hah: at heated washer fluid....

In almost 20 years of driving, I've never had a problem with my vehicles washer fluid freeze. :str:
I hope for your sake you were joking. But in case you weren't, I will provide an explanation. Heating the washer fluid is not to keep it from freezing. It aids in clearing frost from your windshield. I have had my truck for 2 winters. It is always parked outside. With the exception of a couple ice storms, I never have to use my scraper.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I hope for your sake you were joking. But in case you weren't, I will provide an explanation. Heating the washer fluid is not to keep it from freezing. It aids in clearing frost from your windshield. I have had my truck for 2 winters. It is always parked outside. With the exception of a couple ice storms, I never have to use my scraper.
Freezing or frost, doesn't matter. In my opinion its a silly option. :gy:

·
Registered
3 Posts
question, i have a white Raptor. i am wondering if anybody know how many Raptors they are building and how many in white. I am a parts and service director at a ford dealer and have tried all my contacts with Ford however nobody seems to have the answers. Can anyone help? i would also like to found out what number mine is in the run of vin #'s.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts