F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was visiting my buds at Ford today, Talkin about my GT500 when we started talking about the Raptors.. The Service mgr said " We will most likely not be getting any of those.. They are more of an West Coast truck..." And it was not 2 minutes later that a sales man walked in and said hey! Wanna see the new Raptor that just came off the truck...
And BAM just like that... I got me a Raptor to keep my Cobra company :)

Zstat

·
Registered
137 Posts
Service manager was prob jealous OR knew it would arrive and would try an buy it himself but feared you would if you knew. I'll bet the salesmen that broke the news got a good kick in the nu*s. :kap:

Also, that just doesn't happen, you lucked out and now have the best of both worlds. Did you even think about waiting for a 6.2 or was it an impulse buy? Only ask b/c you have a cobra= power and ponies. Congrats.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
photos

I have not taken photos of them side by side yet... I need to find a suitable area :) .. Here are a couple of the ones I took lastnught... And one of the Shelby as well...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok, now to learn to shrink a photo down :) sorry for that mess above... And yes I thought about waiting for the bigger engine... But the way I hear it. The chances of getting that engine are gonna be slim... Thanks to the Gov. and the taxing they want to put on the consumer and the dealer for selling the engine with the poor gas mileage. Oh hell... I saw it I could not wait :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok, 1st day review... 1st of all, The most impressive things to me upon 1st visit to the Jungle was the stance of the truck from the front... It looks tough.. Armageddon tough… And the sound of the beast… I have a GT500 and that was a big disappointment in the exhaust sound dept. So the Raptor was a VERY pleasant surprise.
The sync radio/Nav was another good surprise (I’m a techno nerd anyway)…

The truck over all seems well build and most of all it turns heads. 1st with the sound then once the beast has made you look.. then your in awww… Zstat

·
Registered
59 Posts
Gorgeous vehicles. Thanks for the pics.

I'm a HUGE fan of the blue. Good choice :smileup:

Are you considering putting a supercharger on the 5.4?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have been throwing around the supercharger idea, I will chip it and CAI.. for sure... After that who knows. I will get a few pictures together in and out. this weekend... Zstat

·
Registered
111 Posts
Thanks for the pics:smiley_thumbs_up: keep them coming. How did the power feel? I am not looking for 0-60 times but more like highway passing. Did it feel like it had the power or did it feel like you had to wait for it? Also does the off road mode make a big difference in power like I have read or is it not really noticeable. I know you just got it but any info will help. If you get a chance a sound clip of the exhaust would be great.

Thanks again. :smileup:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Awsome! Blue Looks Great on this Raptor!

Just like Deer Hunting, U got to be at the right Place & Right Time to bag a Monster Buck!

What Options did your Truck have!

AFRAPTOR

·
Registered
137 Posts
Every time I see blue, I'm sold. Every time I see black, I'm sold. Just can't decide?? Blue brings out the SVT logo and says "I'm a cool truck". Black is stealth and says "I'm the little brother from Tango and Cash". Not sure if any of you remember the truck in that movie but a black raptor reminds me of it. My SRT GC is steel blue so that's what I'm leaning towards. More pics! Don't SC it! Keep it NA.....

1 - 20 of 36 Posts