1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
114 Posts
Thanks for the posting......Now for sure I am gonna clean up my King Ranch and wait this out.....Add in the 6.2 and "OH BABY"......................

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Man why did I have to see that. It's gonna force me to wait longer. I need a truck but would rather wait to have what I want. Maybe I'll pick up a beater til then.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea, I think Ford was trying to fake people into thinking it is an Expedition, but we know better.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I remember someone posting a photoshop of a raptor expedition. Would be funny if it was a ford employee testing the waters. Kinda hope it is so I have no reason to pass on a 6.2 ext. cab. Though I really want a crew cab for hauling the family.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
You already can. The parts off the current will work.
I believe that the Raptor may have some modified pick up points for the suspension on the frame compared to a regular F-150. I can't confirm this though.

Another thing is, even if the parts are bolt on, you have to remember that the entire setup was engineered for the supercab wheel base geometry and weight balance. The weight balance in the supercrew is going to be completely different than the supercab and the suspension won't work as well in it, if at all. For example, if you tried to jump it, like a normal Raptor, when landing the rear suspension might bottom out because of the added rear end weight.

There's a lot that goes into a suspension setup, especially one like the Raptor's, and just because something bolts in, doesn't necassarily mean it's going to work as a system.

Another thing is the number of parts required to convert an FX4 or regular F-150 are so many and would be so expensive, it probably wouldn't make any kind of financial sense to do it. You would be better off just getting the Raptor. For example, in order to get the grille, you must get the Raptor hood and to pass most laws, you need the wider fenders to cover the wider wheels and suspension. And those are all composite parts, which are expensive. Same goes for the rear, it gets special quater panels that are sheetmetal and welded into the box. You would need to get a new box, reweld in new quarters or bolt on giant aftermarket flares to cover the added tire width.

Sorry if I rained on your parade, but I don't want to see people get hurt when the truck handles like crazy or unexpectedly and wrecks when they thought it would be the same or wasting a bunch of money on something that would be a PIA any how.

I'm also not sure on the availibilty of Raptor parts over the counter. I would think Ford probably keeps those parts on lock down unless they have proof that a Raptor needs them after an accident of something. Kinda like the whole Mystic Cobra paint debacle.

·
Registered
27 Posts
thanks for the valuable information, but see my planes were to get a long travel kit and convert the front end only, but it makes more sense in converting the rear panels to rather than buying after market rear fender flares..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same cab longer box

I may be the only one but personally I would prefer the current super cab config but with a 6.5ft box. At least I could still use it as a truck....that's just me though. :smiley_thumbs_up:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts