F-150 Raptor Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 6.2L Raptor. I have a travel trailer with a dry weight of 7,168lbs and a hitch weight 920lbs. My Raptor should be fine towing it correct? (With a distribution hitch)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Will it tow it, yes. Will you be remotely legal, NO. There is a big difference between dry weight and actual towing weight. Dry does not include propane, any add ons/upgrades, any cargo such as food water, linens dishes or paper goods, etc. Your total cargo weight limit is 1013lbs. That includes passengers, and other cargo and the the trailer tongue weight! I have a 2010 6.2 SCAB and pull my travel trailer that has dry weight of 4925lbs. I am over I am just under 6000lbs loaded weight without any water. Tongue weight around 800lbs (trailer mfg claimed 550lb tongue weight). As much as i try to keep the weight down, it quickly adds up. I only point this out since we live in a society that will sue at the drop of a dime. If you are involved in an accident, it is easy to show you were overloaded and then you are in deep doo-doo.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts