F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2012 tried to eat a deer Monday night...at 85mph. Wondering if my insurance is going to total it or not. Lots of front end damage but the hood is fine. Everything below the hoodline is FUBARed. Driver airbag went off.
I was wondering if anyone might have an idea on repair cost for this amount of damage. KBB says it's worth 26k-29k @ 120k miles.
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Grille

Tire Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood

·
Registered
109 Posts
In 2019 a high school kid backed into my '14 SCAB in a fast food parking lot. He left a note and $50 on the windshield; said that ought to cover it. Corner of front bumper bent. Bumper replacement, driving lights in bumper replacement, repaint plastic above bumper trim = $3,500.

So, be prepared for sticker shock.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
YIKES!!! Sorry to hear that for both of you. I tapped a deer at dusk about a year ago. I have ADD bumpers front and back. Pulled over, got out to look. Thought the front end would be smashed and blood all over the place, but.....NOPE! Couldn't even find where the deer contacted, not even a strand of fur or anything. I was shocked.

Again, sorry to hear that. Both of yours look about like what I was expecting to find.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts