F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Raptor is said to be 7 to 8 inches wider than the standard F150..Does anyone know the full width? Mirror to Mirror? Wonder if it will fit thru a 10 foot garage door.

·
Registered
290 Posts
It is the exact same width as a normal F150 mirror to mirror. The fenders and wheel track are where the 7" comes into play, the mirrors and doors/interior etc did not change.

·
Registered
290 Posts
My door opening is just under 9' and it fits with a couple inches on each side of the mirrors. I have to get it very close to centered or I end up having to be all crooked in the garage. I already had decided if it wouldn't fit I would change my garage form 2 single doors to a large double door, but thankfully I did not have to do that. No way in hell I would want to have to mess with the mirrors every time I go in and out.

Also I back in, and drive out, seems easier than the reverse to me. I do have the rear camera and it helps with how far to drive in as well.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, everyone. Good information. This truck is the first vehicle I have gotten excited about in decades. An outstanding unit. Cannot wait to order mine

·
Registered
453 Posts
I have a 9 foot garage door and takes all my talent to get my Rapture in with out hitting a mirror, there isn't much room for error and as far as being 7 inches wider there is something about that being true as right now you can't get a OEM bed liner or a bed floor mat. Plus check the specs in the F-150 breakdown sales brochure and it is 7 inches wide then a normal F-150

·
Registered
453 Posts
That is why I wanted the OEM camera set up as that was what I figured too, back in and save $3000 in upgrading my 2 -9 foot doors.

·
Registered
453 Posts
My door opening is just under 9' and it fits with a couple inches on each side of the mirrors. I have to get it very close to centered or I end up having to be all crooked in the garage. I already had decided if it wouldn't fit I would change my garage form 2 single doors to a large double door, but thankfully I did not have to do that. No way in hell I would want to have to mess with the mirrors every time I go in and out.

Also I back in, and drive out, seems easier than the reverse to me. I do have the rear camera and it helps with how far to drive in as well.
A great Idea on backing as that is why I wanted the OEM camera set up as that was what I figured too, back in and save $3000 in upgrading my 2 -9 foot doors.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I have a 9 foot garage door and takes all my talent to get my Rapture in with out hitting a mirror, there isn't much room for error and as far as being 7 inches wider there is something about that being true as right now you can't get a OEM bed liner or a bed floor mat. Plus check the specs in the F-150 breakdown sales brochure and it is 7 inches wide then a normal F-150
You do realize this thread was dead for 4 months right?

·
Registered
591 Posts
Actually, i just brought a new bed mat and it fits perfect! i brought one for the 2010 FX4 short bed...its really nice.

Im also getting bed liner installed sometime down the road, but bed mats seem to be really nice when moving furniture, or tossing a bike in the back, its not too hard on whatever you are storing back there. but yea, it fits 100% perfect. brought it at Auto Zone. straight side, 66 inch bed mat if i remember right, or it might have been style side....cant remember, but it fits

·
Registered
501 Posts
UMMM WTF are you smoking man? the OE bedliner fits, you just get one for a 5.5 bed...

The only difference on these trucks is the fenders are flared... the inside dimensions of the bed are identical.

Now the FRAME is unique... it is the only truck with this length cab and bed. You Usually have to get the full four door to get this short a bed.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Thanks, I guess Auto Zone knows a lot more about this then my dealership does. I wonder when the lies will stop at this dealership.

·
Registered
453 Posts
UMMM WTF are you smoking man? the OE bedliner fits, you just get one for a 5.5 bed...

The only difference on these trucks is the fenders are flared... the inside dimensions of the bed are identical.

Now the FRAME is unique... it is the only truck with this length cab and bed. You Usually have to get the full four door to get this short a bed.
The Ford Dealership told me this, I didn't smoke any thing and I take this as a personal insult when you refer to me as a user of dope and please don't be rude to me, We are all Ford Fans trying to help one another.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I am not a ford fan and I take it as a personal insult that you called me one. No I am not kidding; I like ford the least of the big 3, I am just very impressed with 2 vehicles that the FoMoCo makes...

If you make a comment that is wildly inaccurate and poorly researched you are going to get a reaction like mine.

I am sorry if you are offended. This is the internet though, and if you play in this pond you have to get a thick skin.

·
Registered
210 Posts
ibquickZ06,
no worries man, there is one in every crowd, he just happens to be in this one.

It's easy to get mixed up with all the miss-information floating around about the Raptor, and the fact that the info came from the dealer doesn't help at all. With all the owners/enthusiasts on this site, I'd put one up against a dealer's knowledge any day. I had to straighten out a Ford Rep at the Auto Show here in January, he said with the upgraded suspension it should haul more than 14,000 pounds. I finally got him to look at the literature in the truck. His reply was "Well that's stupid, how that an upgrade?" Some people just don't understand.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I am not a ford fan and I take it as a personal insult that you called me one. No I am not kidding; I like ford the least of the big 3, I am just very impressed with 2 vehicles that the FoMoCo makes...

If you make a comment that is wildly inaccurate and poorly researched you are going to get a reaction like mine.

I am sorry if you are offended. This is the internet though, and if you play in this pond you have to get a thick skin.
So so :sad: 11 12

·
Registered
501 Posts
Go to the source...

The info is in the f-150 catalog...

Remember this is 2010; the U.S. workforce is not quite what it used to be... honesty, integrity ad knowledge are not prerequisites to being a salesman; especially at a car dealership.

And Apollo... I am not the one in the crowd... you and I simply had a difference in opinion on what constitutes a good motor. I think more power torque and efficiency, you think worse gas mileage lower power and torque and more weight and cylinders, oh, and harder to modify. True I was not the most politic in my address as I could have been. As I said if feelings were hurt I am sorry, but I hate people passing poor information as fact. In my line of work that gets people killed. I get paid to keep my guys alive not to be polite to the uninformed.

See; more back-handedness. ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts