F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In Petersen's 4Wheel and Off-Road there is a short article on pg. 73 on the Raptor which states that:

"Ford plans to launch a Raptor Crew Cab and XT version of this model, which will include a 6.2L with 500hp, 4.56 gears, and a four-linked rear suspension capable of 18 inches of vertical wheel travel."

Has anyone heard any more info on this? I currently have my order in for '11 but its based on the '10 model. Still waiting for the specs for MY11. This is definetly an option I would be interested in.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
In Petersen's 4Wheel and Off-Road there is a short article on pg. 73 on the Raptor which states that:

"Ford plans to launch a Raptor Crew Cab and XT version of this model, which will include a 6.2L with 500hp, 4.56 gears, and a four-linked rear suspension capable of 18 inches of vertical wheel travel."

Has anyone heard any more info on this? I currently have my order in for '11 but its based on the '10 model. Still waiting for the specs for MY11. This is definetly an option I would be interested in.
I see that you are new so I will go easy on ya and hope that the rest of us will also....:D
That is the holy grail of are trucks..In short it will be a limited production NONE street legal truck set up for racing only..there will be no VIN just a build #...If you use the search button you can find a but load of info on here about it...you can google it also...:smileup:
good luck and welcome..
WIZ

·
Registered
7,772 Posts
Yeah and it's $100,000.00 and only seats 3 people and you'll have to be affiliated with a race team to get one :)

·
Registered
7,772 Posts
Could make it street legal but 100K ........:wow:
How would you make it street legal if you can't insure it? I think we're better off to supercharge our 6.2's, install beadlocks, install a rollcage, front locker and longer travel fox shocks, I'm thinking an extra 20 grand? That's the plans I have for mine anyway :) , and I can still take my buddy's and my gf for a ride of their lives, hee hee!

·
Registered
288 Posts
How would you make it street legal if you can't insure it? I think we're better off to supercharge our 6.2's, install beadlocks, install a rollcage, front locker and longer travel fox shocks, I'm thinking an extra 20 grand? That's the plans I have for mine anyway :) , and I can still take my buddy's and my gf for a ride of their lives, hee hee!
Seems like the logical choice to me.....Modify what you have and you'll be just as happy I'm sure. Almost all of us wouldn't find a real use for this Raptor R version. If you want to race, go buy a Polaris RZR S and throw 4 grand into hop ups. You'll have plenty of fun and probably be fairly competitive.

·
Banned
321 Posts
Raptor R

Have fun TRYING to make a raptor into a Raptor R. Totally different Beast. Has any one actually looked into a Raptor R or XT Race only. 100k is about right on price. Where are they built, who is building them ?

·
Registered
239 Posts
For $100k you can build a better prerunner. It would have longer travel suspension, more horsepower, and weigh less. If you did it right you could also title it. Ford doesn't want to offer a title because of liability reasons.

·
Registered
105 Posts
For $100k you can build a better prerunner. It would have longer travel suspension, more horsepower, and weigh less. If you did it right you could also title it. Ford doesn't want to offer a title because of liability reasons.
Can you tell me where I can find a good Prerunner for 100k ? all the ones I have seen where at 400k to 600k .

·
Registered
239 Posts
Can you tell me where I can find a good Prerunner for 100k ? all the ones I have seen where at 400k to 600k .
$400k for a prerunner? They are all over the net in the $100k range. Call Jerry at Camburg. They recently sold a heavily modded F150 for $100K. Hell, for $200K they'll build you a freakin Trophy Truck that will be ready to get tagged by Score for any of the Baja races!!!! He usually has several other vehicles that you can actually race with in the $100K range.

Check out Tatum's prerunner. It lists for $139K but that's with a LS7 and custom bodywork. It's the best looking one out there.

Check out Renthall Industries and Jimco. Or go to any reputable builder and spec out a Class 8 style prerunner with an LS3 and TH400 trans with 20" of travel on both ends.

Look at Colorado Sand Cars. He has a great looking car with outrageous travel and power for less than $100K.

·
Registered
7,772 Posts
Have fun TRYING to make a raptor into a Raptor R. Totally different Beast. Has any one actually looked into a Raptor R or XT Race only. 100k is about right on price. Where are they built, who is building them ?
They are built in Dearborn by Ford! You have to pick it up from the factory and probably sign a waiver before they hand over the keys? They won't be available until late 2011 either, from what I read. Lots of info at fordracing.com under competition vehicles.

·
Registered
105 Posts
$400k for a prerunner? They are all over the net in the $100k range. Call Jerry at Camburg. They recently sold a heavily modded F150 for $100K. Hell, for $200K they'll build you a freakin Trophy Truck that will be ready to get tagged by Score for any of the Baja races!!!! He usually has several other vehicles that you can actually race with in the $100K range.

Check out Tatum's prerunner. It lists for $139K but that's with a LS7 and custom bodywork. It's the best looking one out there.

Check out Renthall Industries and Jimco. Or go to any reputable builder and spec out a Class 8 style prerunner with an LS3 and TH400 trans with 20" of travel on both ends.

Look at Colorado Sand Cars. He has a great looking car with outrageous travel and power for less than $100K.
Stewart's Race Works they are the guys that I contacted they said 400k and it will take 6 months . However, camburg look much cooler .

·
Registered
288 Posts
Here is another idea:

Buy your Raptor and enjoy it for what it is.

Then save $25,000 and buy a X-18 Predator (look it up sometime on google) or similar and beat that up instead of the unrealistic dream of buying a six figure car (for most of us at least). Anyone else see the good logic in this?

·
Banned
369 Posts
I'm thinking an extra 20 grand? That's the plans I have for mine anyway :) , and I can still take my buddy's and my gf for a ride of their lives, hee hee!
You would be amazed at how fast $ goes when trying to build a truck,plan 20, expect 30
Here's a short break down
15-20K for cage work(depending on who build's it)
3-4K on shocks
2K for seats and harness's
ect.ect.ect., it's never ending :)
20K is a good budget that many wish's they had to spend. I personally would look for thing's like shocks, tires ect in the classifieds. Many times you can find guys selling parts that were never used.

Built at Ford, heard they brought in fabriator's to build the trucks and 100K is a good price for a Stock Full turn key

Can you tell me where I can find a good Prerunner for 100k ?
RDC
Stewart's Race Works they are the guys that I contacted they said 400k and it will take 6 months . However, camburg look much cooler .
Your looking at High end prerunner, top of the line everything from a 50K engine to a 20K tranny. I can find very well built prerunners all day in the 30-100K range

Camburg builds some bad ass trucks, also talk with Jason at GMR, he's building 2 Trophy Trucks and a trophy prerunner for 100K range http://thegmr.com/

·
Registered
7,772 Posts
You would be amazed at how fast $ goes when trying to build a truck,plan 20, expect 30
Here's a short break down
15-20K for cage work(depending on who build's it)
3-4K on shocks
2K for seats and harness's
ect.ect.ect., it's never ending :)
20K is a good budget that many wish's they had to spend. I personally would look for thing's like shocks, tires ect in the classifieds. Many times you can find guys selling parts that were never used.

Built at Ford, heard they brought in fabriator's to build the trucks and 100K is a good price for a Stock Full turn key

RDC

Your looking at High end prerunner, top of the line everything from a 50K engine to a 20K tranny. I can find very well built prerunners all day in the 30-100K range

Camburg builds some bad ass trucks, also talk with Jason at GMR, he's building 2 Trophy Trucks and a trophy prerunner for 100K range http://thegmr.com/
I wasn't thinking of any cage work, but just about everything else you mentioned, but I want the tiregate, roof rack for more lights, supercharger kit, beadlocks and better tires, better shocks(suspension lift). Plan on doing this over time, hopefully supercharger and tiregate within the year, suspension and tires a year or so later. I plan on still driving this on the street as well.

·
Banned
369 Posts
I wasn't thinking of any cage work, but just about everything else you mentioned, but I want the tiregate, roof rack for more lights, supercharger kit, beadlocks and better tires, better shocks(suspension lift). Plan on doing this over time, hopefully supercharger and tiregate within the year, suspension and tires a year or so later. I plan on still driving this on the street as well.
Then you are gonna have a ton of work done to your truck for 20K. Plus everything that you mentioned could be done 1 piece at a time which is very easy on the bank account.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts