F-150 Raptor Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

hey guys I noticed I’m losing fluid from rear axle. Fluid is really clean(no water, looks and smells new. Anyone have this happening? Am I better off rebuilding seals on what I have or going back with a new one? I’m guessing I’ve blown a seal. Appreciate any thoughts or advice. Thanks

Edit: this is a view showing where the hose connects to the bed frame. Looks like oil is running up and out the line. I did recently run dual exhaust right by the differential but I can’t feel any real heat transfer to it and it’s not that close anyway. Really stumped

·
Registered
3 Posts
View attachment 28547

hey guys I noticed I’m losing fluid from rear axle. Fluid is really clean(no water, looks and smells new. Anyone have this happening? Am I better off rebuilding seals on what I have or going back with a new one? I’m guessing I’ve blown a seal. Appreciate any thoughts or advice. Thanks

Edit: this is a view showing where the hose connects to the bed frame. Looks like oil is running up and out the line. I did recently run dual exhaust right by the differential but I can’t feel any real heat transfer to it and it’s not that close anyway. Really stumped
Have you changed or added rear axle fluid?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No but I plan to. I did lay rubber down a bit on a burnout so it may have been from that. I’m hoping that’s the case. Might be a little water in there to from when I power washed the undercarriage. I sprayed right down that tube like a bone head not knowing the vent hooks up to that. Hoping the relief fitting didn’t let any water in. Anyway gear oil is relatively cheap for piece of mind

1 - 3 of 3 Posts