F-150 Raptor Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I've been trying to find something on here related leaking from the vent tube but it seems most of the issues have come from cracked hoses. I just noticed a small puddle on my truck while parked on a hill yesterday but I'm not seeing anything in front of my house on level ground. The hose is secure and doesn't appear to have any damage to it. The fluid also appears to have a green tint to it. I just got the diff fluid changed just before Christmas at 60k miles and I've only put 3k on it since then. Any chance it just leaked because of the incline or do I need to look into this some more?

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had the same problem. I laid rubber down after a tuneup. I haven’t done any more massive burnouts and I haven’t had any more leaks. Not saying you were.....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha. I wasn't laying any rubber this go-around. But I also haven't see anything since that day so I guess that's a plus. Thanks for the reply.

I'm bringing it back to that hill tomorrow and loading the bed up with some materials so we'll see if it leaks again.

·
Registered
16 Posts
For piece of mind on your end, my truck hasn’t done it since. I’ve trailered two large payloads well over 2000 pounds without any reoccurrence.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, no issues since that day. It would make sense that it was over filled but it had been 60 days since it was filled and that wasn't the first time parking on that hill. I think that I did idle there for maybe 10 minutes giving it time to get hot but that's my only thought.

Thanks for the responses.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts