Rear Door Lock Issues

Discussion in '2012 Ford Raptor Forum' started by nyjays, Apr 6, 2018.

1. nyjays

nyjays New Member

Vehicle?:
    Ford Raptor
    Color?:
    Black
    Engine:
    GEN1 6.2L
    Hello all, plz help as this has turned into a security issue now as the info centre is now showing left front door open. So here it is, it started as just the left rear door not locking using fob. Progressed to other rear door will not unlock at all, to now the message centre is cinstantly telling me my door is open. This leaves the interior lights on but more importantly is causing the alarm to go off randomly. I watched a couple youtibes on this and saturated all lock components with wd40 and cycled through lock unlock several times........dont work!

Now i have used her in the mud alot with all windows down so some debris may have migrated down the knob or something, i mean thats all i can think of as to the cause. I feel the next step is to pop off door panels for further inspection unless i get some direction so plz oh plz give me a hand.

Thanks

2. LZinAZ

LZinAZ New Member Military

Vehicle?:
    2014 Ford Raptor
    Color?:
    Ruby Red
    Engine:
    GEN1 6.2L
    NYJAYS,
    A lot you don't say here so doubt this will be any help. I have information on the 2014 model so may not apply to your vehicle entirely. Another disclaimer; this is a complicated issue in that there are sensors in the doors that report conditions to the Body Control Module (BCM) so loose connections, misadjusted sensors, etc. can all be factors.

-Do you have a four door, known as a SCREW here? The door ajar sensors are in the doors incorporated in the latch assemblies. Has anything happened to the doors you know of? You say the problem started in the left rear door, any idea what caused it initially?

-You can try reprogramming the door autolock feature; I've attached a file below but not sure how you'll see it when you get this. You'll need Adobe Reader or some other PDF reader to view it. It works by sitting in the driver's seat with all the doors closed.

-You say it doesn't lock with the fob, how about manually locking them by pushing down on the locks and pulling up to unlock? Do all the other functions of the fob work? What happens on the dash when you apply the locks manually? Maybe the fob was damaged somehow or the battery has gotten weak since you don't mention the model and year. I've guessed you are driving a 2012 since the thread seems to have started there.

-Can something have come loose from excessive bouncing over rough roads out in the bush?

-Any work been done to it prior to the rear left door going south?

I know its a lot of questions and not much help. If you can provide some guidance I can do some more research.

Good luck on this one,
    LZinAZ

Attached Files:

3. nyjays

nyjays New Member

Vehicle?:
    Ford Raptor
    Color?:
    Black
    Engine:
    GEN1 6.2L
    Any help or suggestions are appreciated. I drive a 2012 gen 1 raptor. The only thing that i think could have happened is some debris going inside the pull knob from offroading with the windows open. F150 forum im on has suggested that some wiring may have broke, which was a common thing o the rear doors on regular f150s, so i hear. Yes i can manually push and pull the lock. I am going to pull the panels and the grommets and wiring harness to investigate both the debris and broken wiring tomorrow. I did wiggle the wiring on the left rear from the door to the body and miraculously the right door lock works fine now. . Weird. Im thinking it is a wiring issue in the door or the harness from the door to the body, but dont know for certain yet.

Also yes i have the 4 door and have no idea what a "screw" type is??

Thanks for the help sir!!

4. nyjays

nyjays New Member

Vehicle?:
    Ford Raptor
    Color?:
    Black
    Engine:
    GEN1 6.2L
    Ok i think i found out what a scab and screw are so i have the screw if that helps. And i feel so stupid.......Screw.....supercrew......Scab....supercab.

Im not the sharpest tool in the shed brothers and sisters lol.

Thanks

5. LZinAZ

LZinAZ New Member Military

Vehicle?:
    2014 Ford Raptor
    Color?:
    Ruby Red
    Engine:
    GEN1 6.2L
    NYJAYS,
    Really curious to hear what you find in the doors behind the panels. I'm really skeptical about enough debris dropping down the manual door lock control hole...not saying it didn't happen but that is a pretty small hole and I think you could probably have won the lottery twice to get that much debris. I can believe water getting in the door somehow, i.e. washing, rain, fording a creek, etc. and doing some damage but I think the owner's manual says it can safely drive thru 30 plus inches of water.

I can believe you have a loose connection or chafed wire in the doors. Odd rattling the left makes the right side work since I would think they are controlled by two different branches of the wiring harness. Be sure to check the grounds are screwed/bolted down tight and have a clean connection.

Prior to my '14 Raptor I had a 2004 F150 4x4 which had electric window issues; I had to replace all four of the window regulators due to the cables coming off the tracks. Not a clue why but they did; all within about 2,000 miles or so. I didn't have any wiring issues though.

While you are checking be sure to have a look at these two fuses:
    upload_2018-4-9_20-40-21.png
    I think they are in your under-hood panel on the radiator support. Fuses 12 & 21 control a myriad of things so you might have other issues as well. I had a fuse carboned up and couldn't start my truck; I posted a story in this forum regarding it. It would be a quick easy fix if it were something like a fuse. You probably have more road salts and such for winter than I do.

Sorry if I messed you up with the SCREW thing! I'd checked and seen you'd been a member since 2013 so thought you'd seen or heard it before. I usually define an acronym the first time I use it in a response but I was trying to keep it short. I know I was confused about it after I started here as well.

Again, good luck with this,
    LZinAZ

6. nyjays

nyjays New Member

Vehicle?:
    Ford Raptor
    Color?:
    Black
    Engine:
    GEN1 6.2L
    Thanks for your help LZinAZ

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk