F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I get new wheels I want to get a little more agressive tire than the stock bfg's. Looking for something with good offroad performance but has a good onroad performance. I had 37x13.5 toyo m/t's on my old f150 and liked them. I actually kind of like the kumho m/t kl-71. Anyone tried these or know of someone that has?

·
Registered
30 Posts
it depence what kind of landscape u will be driving on off road, i drive in deep desert or heveay sand dunes and, I amthinking of changing the wheels to 16 inch and tires sets of 285,16, 80. firestones is ideal for sand duning. aggrasive tires does not make any difference in desert driving. what u need is a wide redaious and delfate the tires to 25-20sh ps.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well there isn't much in the way if sand here. Maybe the occasional trip to the beach ohv parks. Mostly mud and snow (sometimes)

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
BFG Mud Terrains are great tires. A perfect blend of agressive looks, road manners and off-road performance, especially for what you're describing.

·
Registered
126 Posts
BFG Mud Terrains are great tires. A perfect blend of agressive looks, road manners and off-road performance, especially for what you're describing.
I second the BFG - I used the KM2s on my Tundra.
Another good one is the Goodyear MT/R - Really good in snow - Used these on my Tacoma

·
Banned
47 Posts
I have been running Mickey Thompson Baja MTZs on my Ranger for a couple of years. They have been wearing well and are a lot quieter than the ProComp muds I ran previously. Most of my wheeling has been mud, trail riding and rocks. I have not used them in deep sand, so I can't offer much there. They have more siping than a lot of the other muds out out there (not sure how they compare to the Toyos) which helps on wet asphalt. Not a great snow and ice tire. They are built on the same carcass as the Cooper STTs, but with a slightly different tread pattern. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I can vouch for Cooper STT. Used to run them on my Powerstroke in Wyoming while running rigs in the winter time up there. On the trip in (15 miles) we pushed snow with the front bumper and two weeks later drug the axles in mud most of the way out. I have a set on my rubicon now and see the same performance. Cooper does not make the factory size though so I will be switching the BFG to Mickey Thompson MTZ cause they have the size and Cooper makes them. In fact they look like they come from the smae mold minus the knights on the sidewalls. I dont want to change the rims though. I personally dont have a raptor here yet to see if the 35X12.5 will rub at all since they are slightly wider than stock 315/70/r17. If you are changing out the rims you should be able to solve this problem anyway.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts